Medical Education Common Entrance Examination for Post Graduate Programs (MECEE-PG 2020) in Nepal
Medical Education Board Nepal conducts PG entrance exam for admission to various PG Medical courses in Nepal similar to NBE in India. There will be only one common entrance exam for admission to all Postgraduate Colleges and Universities (Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, BPKIHS) for MD/MS in Nepal. The qualified students get to choose college and subjects during the counselling session depending upon their merit score.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Kathmandu University and Tribhuvan University-IOM of Nepal are listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools published by the WHO and recognised by the Medical Council of India to teach MBBS and MD/MS in various specialities.
There are a significant population of Indian students studying at these institutions. These Universities [B.P. Koirala/Kathmandu University/IOM] are at par with the leading medical institutions of India and the Indian nationals do not require any visa to enter Nepal, except a valid identity document.
NEPAL-MD/MS 2020 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria are eligible to apply for MECEE-PG Entrance Examination for admission to MD/MS courses:
- Must have an MBBS degree from a recognised medical college and successfully completed one year of internship.
- The candidate must be registered with Medical Council of India/Nepal Medical Council.
- Candidate must score minimum of 50%(Pass Marks) in the MECEE-PG Entrance Exam conducted by Medical education commission to be in the merit list.
NEPAL-MD/MS 2020 REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
Scanned copies of each of the following original documents should be uploaded (scanned copies of photocopies will not be accepted):
- Banks voucher/SWIFT transfer receipt.
- Recent Passport Size Photo
- Academic Certificate and Transcript
- Scan Copy of Candidate’s Signature
- Certificate of registration with the Medical Council/accreditation body in their respective country.
- Passport / Voter ID Card / Adhar Card for International candidates (No other identity card will be accepted).
- Work experience certificate as required for government-sponsored candidates and no objection certificate (NOC) from the Department of Health Services, Government of Nepal (for Nepalese candidates).
- Two years bond completion certificate till the last date of submission of online application (for Nepalese candidates).
- No Objection Certificate/Release Letter for Government Quotas
NEPAL-MD/MS EXAM 2020 REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Candidate must submit his/her application online ONLY. There is no provision for manual submission of application.
- Upload Scanned copies of all the original certificates/documents and recent colour photo & signature as and where necessary.
- Attach scan copy of bank voucher/SWIFT transfer receipt of application fee as instructed in the online application form.
- Once the form has been submitted, it will be scrutinized and the status of the application will be informed after 7 days.
- Candidates must retain the original bank voucher/SWIFT transfer receipt as it needs to be deposited at the time of Entrance examination to be eligible to enter the examination centre.
- Admit card will be electronically issued after verification of the uploaded certificates/bank voucher/SWIFT transfer and the application form which should be downloaded.
NEPAL-MD/MS 2020 REGISTRATION FEES
- Nepali candidates NRs 5000/-
- Indian candidates INR 8000/-
- The applicant must deposit the amount in the name of Medical Education Commission in any branch of Himalayan Bank Ltd. of Nepal.
- The applicant must enter the Voucher no. and Contact no. which is mentioned in the Bank Voucher in the online form to access the main form.
NEPAL-MD/MS 2020 REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- All the information provided in the application form is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
- There would be no provision of any changes from the administration after submission.
- Candidates must make sure that every information provided is true and correct before submission.
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory to fill.
- All the details in the name field-First name, Middle name and Last name must be entered in the respective space. For example: if full name is Aneesh Nath Rana, then,
First Name: ANEESH
Middle Name: NATH
Last Name: RANA
If there are two words in the applicant’s full name as “Aneesh Rana”, then
First Name: ANEESH
Last Name: RANA
- Date of birth and the permanent address must match with information mentioned in academic document or citizenship certificate or passport.
- Applicant must mention one of the documents as an identification certificate from Citizenship certificate, Passport or Adhar card. This document has to be presented for entering into the entrance examination hall.
- All the documents to be uploaded must be clearly readable.
- After uploading your all documents, you have to tick self-declaration checkbox. Then ‘Save Information’ Button will be displayed. You can view and edit the fill-up details after saving information.
“DO NOT PRESS BACK BUTTON OR REFRESH BUTTON OF BROWSER” for editing your information”
- An applicant can only apply for two eligible programs by filling up two different forms with a different voucher or payment slips. However, programs scheduled for entrance examination on the same day/phase will not be accepted.
- Multiple entries for the same student for the same program is not allowed.
- After submission, the applicant will get a confirmation page. Print this page for future reference.
- If you are unable to print out the confirmation page after submission of your form, you can print it any time by clicking check your status button in the home page.
NEPAL-MD/MS 2020 PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
- Recently taken Photograph, No older than six months before in good focus.
- The head position of the applicant when photographed must directly face the camera.
- Applicant’s head should not be tilted up, down, or to the side, and must be front-faced.
- Applicant’s head should cover about 30% to 50% of the area of the photo.
- Background of the applicant must be in front of a neutral, light-coloured plain background. Background with dark or patterns not acceptable
- Do not wear objects like sunglasses or any other decorative items that can obscure the face. However simple spectacles with plain glass can be worn.
- Do not wear any head coverings or hats while taking photographs. But it is necessary then it should not hinder any portion of the applicant’s face.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad/ MBBS & MD/MS in Nepal at MCI approved medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves. We guide you through a maze of questions to find solutions best suited to your profile ensuring you choose the best academic path to achieve your career goals based on your aptitude, ability and interest.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222