MD/MS at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Nepal
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) was established on Jan 18th 1993 and subsequently upgraded as an autonomous Health Sciences University on Oct 28th 1998, with a vision to work towards developing socially responsible and competent health workforce, providing health care & contributing towards innovative health research.
BPKIHS is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools published by the WHO and recognised by the Medical Council of India to teach MBBS and MD/MS in various specialities. There are a significant population of Indian students studying at the institute. BPKIHS is at par with the leading medical institutions of India and the Indian nationals do not require any visa to enter Nepal, except a valid identity document.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) is located in Eastern Nepal and has extended its continued health services through teaching district concept to Primary Health Care Centres, District Hospitals and Zonal Hospitals in different districts of the region.
BPKIHS has postgraduate (MD, MS, MDS, MSc and MPH), undergraduate (MBBS, Nursing, BDS), university certificate programs and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs being taught by qualified and experienced academic faculty. It has four colleges: Medical, Dental, Nursing, and Public Health and a 700-bedded Central Teaching Hospital. The medical college also has well-established major clinical and basic science departments.
Faculty of Medicine is a multidisciplinary faculty fulfilling the mission of medical education, hospital services and research interests that span the basic subjects to their clinical and social implications. Every year candidates are admitted to UG & PG programmes and provided with the necessary knowledge, skills and adequate exposure to make a difference in whatever field they chose; undertake basic or clinical education or patient-centred care or research in future, making them the global health care personnel.
MD/MS Specialities recognised by the MCI
The MD/MS degrees at BPKIHS are recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) for the following specialities –
- Clinical pharmacology & therapeutics
- Internal medicine
Course Duration- 3 years
Research Facilities at BPKIHS
- BPKIHS is a leading health science institute in Nepal.
- Amongst the medical institutes of Nepal, the faculty members at BPKIHS publish a maximum number of scientific articles in national and international reputed periodicals and journals.
- It has made BPKIHS well known worldwide in the field of biomedical and educational research.
- BPKIHS has its own scientific journal ‘Journal of B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences’ (JBPKIHS).
Library Facilities at BPKIHS
- The Central Library is well-equipped and resourceful maintaining a relevant collection of medical books, electronic journals and other resources
- The essential international and Indian medical journals are subscribed to the Central Library annually.
- Each department has its own Departmental Library with an essential collection of books and journals, which is updated regularly.
- The library has set up its own dedicated server for searching library collections and providing free full-text access to all e-resources available through WHO/HINARI, Annual Reviews, and Open Access Journals.
- Digital Library, useful links and relevant resources are also facilitated through a single platform, E-library.
Living Facilities at BPKIHS
- Safe and comfortable accommodation facilities are provided on the University campus.
- The dormitories are equipped with well ventilated, furnished and spacious rooms.
- The campus has sufficient indoor and outdoor playgrounds (for football, cricket, basketball, golf course, tennis court, badminton etc.) along with Gym Hall.
- There are shops, canteens, post office, restaurants, banks and ATMs within the BPKIHS premises.
Indian students who want to study at low cost in Nepal at MCI approved medical colleges can check out best study abroad MBBS consultant here. The advantage of studying in Nepal through Best admission consultancy to study abroad is that they will provide you with only the best MCI approved colleges and will provide you with all the detailed information required to adapt to your University life.
For a detailed, BPKIHS Nepal fees, you can contact us directly at the contact shared below.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad/ MBBS in Nepal at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor. We guide you through a maze of questions to find solutions best suited to your profile ensuring you choose the best academic path to achieve your career goals based on your aptitude, ability and interest.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 817 387 2222/+91 817 393 2222