Nepal PG-MD/MS Common Entrance Exam for Indian students
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Kathmandu University and Tribhuvan University-IOM of Nepal are listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools published by the WHO and recognised by the Medical Council of India to teach MBBS and MD/MS in various specialities.
There are a significant population of Indian students studying at these institutions. These Universities [B.P. Koirala/Kathmandu University/IOM] are at par with the leading medical institutions of India and the Indian nationals do not require any visa to enter Nepal, except a valid identity document.
NEPAL-MD/MS: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR INDIAN CANDIDATES
- Indian candidate must have an MBBS degree from a recognised medical college and successfully completed one year of internship. The candidate must be registered with the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates must be provisionally registered with NMC for the period of their study exclusively for the college/institution where they are admitted.
- The entrance requirement for foreign candidates will be according to the rules and regulations of the concerned University; however, they should appear in PG entrance examinations conducted by B.P. Koirala/Kathmandu University/IOM[as preferred by the candidate]
NEPAL-MD/MS: SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR INDIAN CANDIDATES
- Candidates for Nepal-MD/MS courses shall be selected on a merit basis. The criteria for merit will be according to the University [B.P. Koirala/Kathmandu University/IOM] rules based on the PG Entrance Examination.
- All students including international students must take and pass the PG entrance examinations conducted by the University [B.P. Koirala/Kathmandu University/IOM]
- Those who secure more than 50% marks in the entrance exam are listed in the merit.
- Based on the marks obtained a separate merit list is prepared by the University [B.P. Koirala/Kathmandu University/IOM] for Nepalese and Foreign students and admission is granted according to the merit secured.
MD/MS- SPECIALITIES RECOGNIZED BY THE NEPAL MEDICAL COUNCIL (NMC) & MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA (MCI)
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Community Medicine
- General Practice and Emergency Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology*
Masters of Surgery (MS)
- General Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology*
Note: *In Ophthalmology and Obstetrics & Gynaecology the degree may be awarded as MD or MS as per University/Institution/Academy rules and regulations
NEPAL-MD/MS: ENTRANCE EXAM PATTERN
Universities [B.P. Koirala/Kathmandu University/IOM] of Nepal conduct a common entrance exam every year for both Nepalese and Foreign students for PG Medical- MD/MS program for admission at their universities and affiliated colleges.
- Pattern of examination: MCQ Objective based[Single best Response type]
- Exam conducted: Annually
- Total Questions: 2O0
- Marks Distribution:[Clinical Sciences -115, Basic Sciences -600 & Para Clinical-25 ]
- Marking Scheme: No negative marking
- Duration: 3 hours [180mins]
- Language: English
NEPAL-MD/MS: SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE
|Basic Medical Science|
|8||Community Medicine+ Research Methodology(6+4)||10|
|9||Questions related to mandatory CPD( Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, Communication skills)||10|
|12||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||12|
Indian students who want to study at low cost in Nepal at MCI approved medical colleges can check out the best study abroad MBBS consultant here. The advantage of studying in Nepal through the Best admission consultancy to study abroad is that they will provide you with only the best MCI approved colleges and will provide you with all the detailed information required to adapt to your University life.
We are top abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad/ MBBS in Nepal/ MD-MS in Nepal at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor. We guide you through a maze of questions to find solutions best suited to your profile ensuring you choose the best academic path to achieve your career goals based on your aptitude, ability and interest.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222