PGIMER MD/MS online Application for July session has started: Know the Important Dates
PGIMER MD/MS 2020 [July Session] Online Application has started: Know the Important Dates
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh has started inviting applications from eligible candidates for the admission to its MD/MS courses for the PGIMER-July 2020 SESSION. Admission to various postgraduate courses conducted at the Institute is made twice a year.
The Institute follows a Residency Service-cum-Training Scheme. Candidates admitted to MD/MS courses are called Junior Residents. The admission to the above courses of the Institute is made on merit on all India basis, by holding an entrance test by the Institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice.
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research was conceived and planned in 1960. It was declared an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament (Sr. No. 51 of 1966) w.e.f. 1st April 1967.
PGIMER MD/MS 2020 [JULY SESSION]: IMPORTANT DATES
|Online Registration starts||17-03-2020|
|Online Registration closes||16-04-2020 at 23:59 Hrs|
|Online payment gateway available||17.03.2020 to 16.04.2020|
|Examination Date||23-05-2020 [Saturday]
09.00 AM to 12.00 PM
|Declaration of Result||02.06.2020|
|1st Counselling Starts||15.06.2020 at 11.00 AM|
|2nd Counselling Starts||15.07.2020 at 11.00 AM|
|Spot Admission through Open counselling||28.07.2020 at 11.00 AM|
|Admit Card Download||23-11-2019|
PGIMER MD/MS 2020 [JULY SESSION]: EXAM PATTERN
Mode of examination: Online (CBT) mode
- Pattern of examination: MCQ Objective based
- Exam conducted: Twice-January & July Session
- Date of Examination: Saturday, the 23rd May 2020
- Shift: Single(01)
- Timing of Examination 09.00 AM to 12.00 PM
- Of questions: 250 questions [With Five response options][Negative marking for incorrect responses]
- Duration: 3 hours [180mins]
- Language: English
- Location of Examination Centres: Tentatively 16 cities in India
- Purpose of Examination: Admission to MD/MS courses
- Admission to all courses will be closed on 31st July 2020
PGIMER MD/MS 2020 [JULY SESSION]: SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE
The approximate number of questions for each subject is as follows:
|Subject||Tentative Number of questions||Subject||Tentative Number of questions|
|Applied Anatomy||06||Applied Biochemistry||12|
|Immunogenetics &Molecular Biology||10||Applied Physiology||06|
|Social & Preventive Medicine||07||Internal Medicine||36|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||20||Radiotherapy||06|
HOW TO FILL PGIMER MD/MS 2020 [JULY SESSION] APPLICATION FORM
Steps involved in the filling of the application form of MD MS Entrance exam include registration, candidate login, etc. The steps are mentioned below.
- Application form
- Payment of fee
- Printing of Confirmation page
STEP 1: MD/MS REGISTRATION
Candidates are required to apply online through website www.pgimer.edu.in only. No other means/mode of application will be accepted and there shall be no need to submit any hard copies of the uploaded documents.
- Visit the Official website
- Then click on the Specific “Exam Name” for which you want to fill the application form
- Then click on `New Registration’ and you will be directed to a registration form page
- The entries in registration form cannot be changed once submitted, hence, ensure that you enter the required information as below correctly.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID and a valid mobile number.
- On Successful Completion of registration, an application sequence No. and password will be generated. (User id & password shall be received on e-mail and mobile number)
On the Registration page, Applicant must select exam category and fill their Name, Contact Number and Email ID for registration.
- Name of Candidate: This should be the same as on valid government id proof.
- Date of Birth: Use the calendar icon to select the correct date.
- Gender: Enter your gender (Male/Female)
- Mobile Number: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID and Password as an SMS on this number only.
- Email Address: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID and Password on this email address only
- Captcha: The Captcha box is a special set of characters displayed on the screen. You will need to retype the characters in the box provided
- Submit: By selecting the ‘Submit’ button, you are committing to be honest and fair in all your actions and information provided in the Registration Form.
- Within minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive a User ID and password on the registered email address from the Administrator. Ensure that you check your mailbox immediately and that it is not considered as spam mail.
- You will also receive the User ID and Password as an SMS* on the registered mobile number.
- Using these credentials, you may proceed to complete your application. (*Please note SMS will not be sent to international numbers)
STEP 2: MD/MS APPLICATION FORM
- After Registration the Registered Users Click on `Applicant login’ to access the Application form with a User ID and password received on your email and mobile number
- Click on the ‘Go to Application Form’ button
- You need to fill the section-wise application form. Once the mandatory details in a section are filled, you can move to the next section by clicking on Save and Next.
- However, you will not be allowed to navigate to the next section, if mandatory information is not filled or the required documents are not uploaded.
- To navigate back to the previous section, you can click on the name of the previous section tab.
Documents to be uploaded
Candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of: –
- Recent passport size colour photo (maximum of 50-200 KB Size in JPEG/JPG format)
- Recently scanned signature (maximum of 50-200 KB Size in JPEG/JPG format)
- Category/Caste certificate (OBC/SC/ST/PwBD)-maximum 1 MB size, in JPG/JPEG format.(if applicable)
- Date of birth proof document as per guidelines (Maximum 1 MB size, in JPG/JPEG format).
- Qualifying Degree certificate (maximum 1 MB size, in JPG/JPEG format)
NOTE: Applicant must read the declaration and preview application form before submission; also they can take a printout of the application form.
STEP 3: PAYMENT OF MD/MS APPLICATION FEE
- The applicant will be redirected to payment gateway post submission of the application form.
- Only online payment is applicable for the transaction of exam fee using Credit/Debit Card/Net banking etc.
- After successful transaction, a payment acknowledgement slip (with unique application sequence number, transaction ID, applicant name, category, exam fee and post applied for) will be generated and should be downloaded for any future communication regarding application form.
- Until the payment is successfully made, the candidate will not be registered for the test.
- Special care should be taken while making payment as a fee for application form is non-refundable under any circumstances.
STEP 4: PRINTING OF MD/MS CONFIRMATION PAGE
- After the payment is successfully completed by the applicant, the payment page will be redirected to a page.
- Here candidate can print the application form by clicking on Print button available at Top Right corner of the page.
NOTE: If the status of Registration Form or Admit Card is not available on the website, he/she should immediately write an email to the Registrar, PGIMER on firstname.lastname@example.org along with full particulars of the Registration Form.
PGIMER MD/MS 2020 [JULY SESSION]: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Completed the required period of compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively.
- Must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
For Sponsored Candidates:
- Sponsorship/deputation of candidates will be accepted only from the following:
- Central or State Government Departments/Institutions
- Autonomous Bodies of the Central or State Government
- Public sector colleges affiliated to universities and recognized by the MCI.
- Seats will be available for sponsored candidates within sponsored category only and strictly as per merit.
- The candidate concerned shall be an employee of the deputing/ sponsoring authority and should have been working for three years.
- That after getting training at PGIMER, Chandigarh, the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the speciality in which training is received by the candidate at the PGIMER.
- No financial implications, in the form of emoluments/stipend etc. will devolve upon PGIMER, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her course and such payment shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
For Foreign National Candidates:
- All foreign nationals will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate courses in the Institute.
- An advance copy must be submitted at PGIMER, Chandigarh before the last date of receipt of applications through diplomatic channels.
- A separate merit list for these candidates will be prepared within their own group.
- On selection, the candidates have to apply for temporary registration with the Medical Council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI):
- OCI registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test.
- All terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this prospectus will be applicable to them.
- The candidate should also submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 at the time of counselling.
PGIMER MD/MS 2020 [JULY SESSION]: EXAM CITIES
16 cities are tentatively proposed in India as the examination centres:
|Centre Code||NAME OF CITIES|
- Applicants should indicate his/her choice of the city of examination at the time of filling the online application form.
- The allotment of Exam City would be on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
- City of examination once chosen and allotted no changes will be entertained.
PGIMER MD/MS 2020 [JULY SESSION]: APPLICATION FEE
- Application fees must be paid through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
|For General/OCI/OBC/ RA /FN/ Sponsored Category||Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|For SC/ST candidates||Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|PwBD||Exempted From Application Fees|
NOTE: All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through online payment gateway available at MD/MS application portal w.e.f. 17.03.2020 to 16.04.2020.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor. We also provide comprehensive guidance to all medical aspirants regarding admission procedures, counselling, registration, document verification, college selection, MOP-UP round, etc for education in India.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 8173932222/+91 8173872222