What is FMGE?
Medical Graduates of foreign universities who have study MBBS abroad and wish to practice in India as a medical practitioner has to appear for the MCI (Medical Council of India) screening test or the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination).
The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination) is conducted to maintain a universal standard among medical students. The purpose of the exam is to enable an Overseas Indian Student or an Indian Citizen who has study MBBS abroad to pursue a career in medicine in India.
The MCI Screening test is conducted to keep a check on basic concepts, common sense, application of concepts, and ability to check the time management. This exam is not about each and every detail of the study curriculum of MBBS. The test is taken just to evaluate your familiarity with the concepts. Once you clear this exam, you will be equivalent to the MBBS graduates from India and can practice in any part of the country.
If you possess a primary medical qualification from a medical institution abroad and are looking for provisional or permanent registration with the State Medical Council or the Medical Council of India, then it is mandatory to appear for this exam. The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination) is conducted twice a year in June and then in December.
FMGE APPLICATION PROCESS
- The registration of FMGE is a four-step process: registration, filling the application, uploading documents and submitting the fee.
- In order to be considered eligible, a candidate must fill the online application form within the stipulated time period.
- The application fee of the examination is Rs. 5,500
FMGE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
There are certain eligibility criteria that you need to fulfil before appearing for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination. These are as follows:
- You must either be an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or a bonafide citizen of India.
- You must also possess a primary medical degree that is confirmed by the concerned Indian Embassy. It is mandatory that your qualifications are recognized by the country where the institute is situated so that you can enrol as a medical practitioner.
- You will also have to submit documents as proof to support your educational claims; failure to do so will make you ineligible for appearing in the examination.
- If you have completed your primary medical qualifications from the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand or Canada you will not have to appear for the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination.
Failure to meet any of the eligibility criteria would mean a cancellation of your application. So, it is important to carefully follow the process.
FMGE TEST PATTERN
- FMGE exam will be MCQ based (Multiple Choice Question) objective paper with 4 options out of which only 1 would be correct.
- It is totally for 300 Marks.
- It is divided into 2 parts, each of 150 marks.
- The students are given 150 minutes for each section.
- There is a scheduled break between the 2 parts of the MCI Screening Test.
- The 15 Minutes tutorial given on the computer screen at the start of FMGE exam gives you an opportunity to understand all the features available for you to practice. You can actually test features such as select, deselect, navigate from one screen to another etc.
- The FMGE exam conducted by NBE is based on Pre-Clinical, Para Clinical and Clinical part of MBBS and totally 19 subjects taught as per the course designed by Medical Council of India.
FMGE SELECTION CRITERIA
- If you wish to clear the examination, you must secure at least 150 out of 300 in the MCQs, i.e., secure at least 50% in your examination.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 8173932222