How to obtain MCI eligibility certificate to study MBBS abroad
The foremost procedure a candidate interested in pursuing MBBS abroad should follow is to confirm the MCI recognition of the University they are interested in taking admission at. The candidates can look up the name of MCI approved universities abroad on the official website of the MCI. If the University name is available there then that means the university is approved by the MCI and the graduates of the university can practice medicine in India after taking appropriate licensure exams.
According to the Indian Medical Council Act, any Indian National/Overseas Citizen of India who wants to take admission into MBBS or its equivalent course in any MCI approved Medical University abroad, is required to obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the Medical Council of India, New Delhi before leaving the country to study MBBS abroad.
The candidates are required to obtain a No Objection Certificate from the MCI and get all the necessary documents and mark sheets apostle by the Department of the Ministry of External Affairs to be officially eligible to appear for the MCI Screening Test/ Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) after graduating from the foreign medical university.
The council does not permit the holder of a primary medical qualification to appear for the Screening Test if they had not obtained an Eligibility Certificate from Medical Council of India.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MCI ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE
- Candidate should register on the MCI website
- After registration log in with the given User ID and password to complete the application
- The application form will appear on the screen and Fill all the required details correctly
- After filling the form, upload the scan copies of all the required documents.
- Select the online or offline payment method to complete the application.
- In online mode, the fee is paid through the Payment gateway page.
- If offline mode, the scan copy of the demand draft must be uploaded and details of the DD should be provided and sent to the council along with other documents.
- Apply for Eligibility Certificate to the Medical Council of India, New Delhi on the prescribed application Form
- Send the Application form and original certificate/mark-sheet (along with Photostat copy) of the qualifying examination.
- After document verification, the original certificate shall be returned to the candidate and Photostat copy shall be retained by the Council.
- A Demand Draft made in favour of Secretary, Medical Council of India, New Delhi for the sum specified by the council should be submitted with the Application form.
- Copy of Documents at MCI can be submitted personally or through speed post within six months from the date of submission of online application.
- If any information furnished by the candidate is found to be incorrect or false during the investigation or at any subsequent stage, the Council may refuse to issue the eligibility certificate or if already issued may cancel the same.
- If the candidate is found to fulfil the eligibility criteria, the Council shall issue an Eligibility Certificate in the prescribed format to the candidate certifying that he/she is eligible to join the medical institution outside India to obtain a primary medical qualification.
- Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Class shall produce a caste certificate issued by Competent Authority.
- The candidate shall also produce a birth certificate if it is not recorded in the certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Applicants who apply for Eligibility Certificate by sending their documents through post should enclose their original certificates for consideration of their application for issue of eligibility certificate.
- Those applications which are without original certificates will not be entertained by the Council office.
- Keep a copy of the colour print out of the application for future use
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR MCI ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE
- A Bank draft in favour of “The Secretary, Medical Council of India, New Delhi”.
- Original Application form.
- Original and three self-attested copies of passport (if admission is already taken, a copy of complete visa mentioned on Passport should also be provided).
- Identity proof (whether National citizen or the Overseas citizen of India).
- Original and three self-attested copies of all the 10th standard certificates along with the Marksheets and the Transfer Certificate.
- Original and three self-attested copies of 11th and 12th Certificates and Marksheets or equivalent examination along with a copy of Transfer/Migration certificate (in case of change of schools).
- Original and three self-attested copies of pass certificate of 12th examination (showing all the subjects and name of school).
- Original and three self-attested copies of School/College Leaving Certificate for Bihar Board and Tamil Nadu Board.
- Equivalency Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi for the 12th equivalent qualifications (if obtained from abroad with subject wise equivalency). If marks are given in grades, proof of their equivalent percentage of marks.
- Original and three self-attested copies of an English translation of OBC/SC/ST Certificate (if the certificates are in regional language).
- 3 colour passport size photograph with the front view.
- Original and three attested copies of admission letter issued by the concerned Foreign Medical University.
- Additional DD for the verification of 10+2 mark sheet/certificates as per list attached along with the application form.
Indian students who want to study at low cost abroad at MCI approved medical colleges can check out best study abroad MBBS consultant here. The advantage of studying abroad through Best admission consultancy to study abroad is that they will provide you with only the best MCI approved colleges and will provide you with all the detailed information required to adapt to your University life.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor. We guide you through a maze of questions to find solutions best suited to your profile ensuring you choose the best academic path to achieve your career goals based on your aptitude, ability and interest.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob:+91 8173932222/ +91 8173872222/ +91 8173952222