Students who want to practice medicine in India after PG medical education abroad, one should only go for the countries like the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and Australia as only these countries are recognized by the MCI for PG Medical education. These countries have their own licensure exams for international doctors to apply for residency and observation ship.
Germany is at the forefront of advanced medical research and is a leading destination for qualified doctors. Here, research in the medical field is well-coordinated with ample facilities across the country, this makes the MD Specialization in Germany full of possibilities. The clinical atmosphere is both professional and welcoming.
Indian students interested in pursuing Medical PG in Germany should know that the medical profession in Germany is strictly regulated and there are many conditions for international doctors to meet before they can work here. Most of the Medical universities in Germany teach MBBS and Medical PG absolutely free of cost. But the process involved is often tedious and confusing which may deter the aspirants to keep up their enthusiasm for Medicine PG in Germany.
Important things to know before applying for Medical PG in Germany
Complete your German language training levels at your home country
- Before applying to Medical PG in Germany; it is very much important to get command over the German language.
- As a doctor, it is very much important to gain patients communication skills.
- There are some special programs that run in Germany so as you can achieve the best level of language knowledge.
- It is advisable that before you apply for Medical PG, you attend A1 & A2 level (German basic levels) to start with your beginner levels.
Attend B1-C1 level language course in Germany
- Reaching Germany with your basic German language knowledge will give you a great head start and you can start the next level of German language proficiency till C1 levels.
- Studying in Germany as a doctor is workable once you achieve good command over the German language.
Medical German language course
- After completion of B2 level doctor start to learn Medical German language which essential for doctors practise in Germany.
- This demands an advanced level of communication skills (general and medical) and cultural sensitivity for effective interaction with the patient
- During the course, the doctors have been taught for employee communication, planning, implementation & documentation, dealing with patients, advising them and providing them knowledge regarding their diseases and deciding upon the healthcare facility, vocabulary improvement & understanding the work instructions.
- There are different examinations that are conducted -Telc Medizin B2-C1 certificate, as well as some states, require to have pass “Fachsprachprufung” to apply for Approbation.
Applying for APPROBATION
The Approbation is an unlimited license to work as a doctor in Germany.
- The application for the Approbation requires you to submit several documents (CV, copy of passport, certificate of birth, certificate of study, etc.) to a Governmental Office.
- For the application, you should hand in a certificate of the German language. The level required is normally B2.
- After that, you will have to pass an extra medical language examination “Fachsprachpruefung” applied by the syndicate of doctors which test your ability to use medical vocabulary and to use the language in the context of a hospital or clinic.
- Depending on the German state, you will be required to pass one of two exams-“Patientenkommunikationstest”, a test of your ability to communicate with patients, and “Fachsprachprüfung”, which checks your medical vocabulary.
- After you have passed the language exam and submitted all the documents, the German authorities will analyse your application for the Approbation.
- If you are considered equivalent, you receive the Approbation right away. If not, you will be required to pass an equivalency test (In German, Kenntnisstandprüfung or Gleichwertigkeitsprüfung).
Passing the “Kenntnisprüfung” exam
Kenntnisprüfung is a medical examination taken in viva format and the whole exam is conducted in the German language. This exam tests your knowledge in General Medicine, General Surgery, pharmacology, emergency medicine and an extra specialization field that is different in each state. The Board of Physician takes this exam and you have to apply in advance for this exam.
- After completion of the German language, all non-EU doctors have to apply for Approbation exam.
- After submission of all required documents the authority check all your submitted documents and compare all documents with the German Medical study eligibility.
- If your current medical study is compatible with German medical education system then you do not need to appear for “Kenntnisprüfung” exam and you will receive Approbation license.
- If the study is non-compliable with the German education system then you have to pass “Kenntnisprüfung” exam to gain your Approbation license.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 817 387 2222/ +91 817 393 2222