The Fergana valley is a valley in Central Asia that spreads across eastern Uzbekistan, southern Kyrgyzstan and northern Tajikistan. Discovered in the early 1900’s the Mingubak oilfield lays in the Fergana valley in Uzbekistan near the town of Namangan. Oil production in the Fergana basin began in 1903 with production reaching 2.2 million tons in 1964.
On March 2, 1992, a blowout occurred at well 5 located being drilled in the Mingubak field, in a portion of the Fergana valley which is arid and ruggedly mountainous but densely populated. A massive terrestrial oil spill started on that day to become the worst in the history of Asia. The oil coming out of the well caught fire and burnt for two months. The blowout resulted in the release of 35,000 barrels to 150,000 barrels per day. An emergency dam was built to contain part of the spill. The blow out stopped by itself, not much was told or reported at that time. With more than 2,000,000 barrels, the Ferghana Valley disaster is part of the world’s ten largest oil spills.
Why Choose FERGANA MEDICAL INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC HEALTH, Uzbekistan
- Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health is committed to preparing students for fast-changing workplace challenges.
- Interactive learning provided by the university.
- Use of latest technologies which help to enter the global workforce.
- Fergana Medical Institute offers its educational and research facilities to foreign students and scientists and is well known worldwide.
- Affordable fees and cost of living.
- Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health has introduced the latest technologies in its teaching methods. It offers various faculties for the medical students including General Medicine, preventive medicine, higher nursing, biomedical engineering, and many more.
- Currently, around 250 students are studying medicine from countries like India, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Russia, Nigeria. Hence students get the chance to study in an environment with a great diversity of students.
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 817 387 2222/+91 817 393 2222
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.