What to know before studying MBBS in Philippines
Philippines is gaining momentum as one of the preferred destinations over other countries for pursuing MBBS abroad by Indian students. Here are a few things every Indian medical aspirant should know before choosing to study MBBS in Philippines. One should know that more than 8000 foreign students every year take admission in Philippines Medical universities out of which around 50% are Indian students.
The Medical Universities of Philippines are listed in WHO (World Health Organization) and MCI (Medical Council of India). This makes the students eligible for leading international medical exams such as USMLE and MCI for clinical practice in other countries.
Following are the few reasons which make MBBS in Philippines a worthy decision for Indian students:
- The MD degree in Philippines is recognized and approved by the MCI (Medical Council of India) and is equivalent to the MBBS course in India.
- Philippines medical universities are widely recognised across the world for the excellent standard of education and are listed in the WHO, IMED and ECFMG medical education directories.
- Faculties in the Philippines medical universities come from different countries, including USA and India who are highly qualified and experienced in the allied field.
- The medium of instruction is English which helps international students to easily adapt and avoids the burden of learning an additional language.
- Philippines medical colleges are regulated and sometimes funded by the Philippines government hence do not have any provision of capitation fees to be paid for enrollment.
- Another advantage for an Indian student is the climate of the country. Philippines climate varies from 23 °C to 32 °C throughout the year, which is very alike to the Indian climate. This helps Indian students in settling here comfortably.
- Similar climatic conditions facilitate the same pattern of diseases as faced in India, this helps the Indian students understand the problems and diseases better for practising in India after graduation.
- Philippines follows the US education system and opens numerous opportunities to pursue a medical career in English speaking countries like the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, etc.
- All the medical colleges in Philippines emphasise on practice over theory and give a greater extent of practical exposure that helps during practice.
- The living cost at Philippines is very less compare to other countries and there is a very meagre difference in Philippines currency and Indian currency that makes Philippines very affordable.
- The colleges have a large number of Indian students studying in Philippine hence finding Indian foods at very affordable rates is not difficult. Some universities also offer dedicated Indian Mess facilities for the students.
- Being the 12thmost populous country in the world, interns will have a greater opportunity to practice with a varied and large number of patients.
- You can easily communicate with local patients during practice as the Philippines is the 3rdlargest English speaking country where almost 94% of Filipinos speak English.
- Students planning to migrate to the US, can crack the USLME parts I and II in Philippines only, under the guidance of medical professors of the University who are sometimes themselves the graduates of US medical universities.
- Excellent flight connectivity from India offers easy and cheap movement throughout the year with a flight duration of 8 hrs 30 min. including layover time.
- Philippines embassy has moderate norms for students ensuing easy to obtain a student visa and quick processing of documentation.
- Universities of the Philippines not only prepare for medical practice but also prepare Indian students for the MCI screening test if they want to return and practice in India.
Indian students who want to study low cost MBBS in Philippines at MCI approved medical colleges can check out best study abroad MBBS consultant in Lucknow here. The advantage of studying MBBS in Philippines through Best admission consultancy to study abroad is that they will provide you with only the best MCI approved colleges for MBBS in Philippines and will provide you with all the information required to adapt to your University life.
For a detailed, MBBS in Philippines fees, you can contact us directly at the contact shared below.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad/MBBS in Philippines at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor. For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222