WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE NEET-PG 2020 EXAM
NEET PG 2020: SYLLABUS
All subjects taught during MBBS which includes Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical subjects are part of the NEET-PG syllabus. The syllabus comprises of subjects as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for the complete document.
- The thorax, The Abdomen, The Pelvis, The perineum, The upper limb, the lower limb, The Head and Neck, The Back, Miscellaneous Topics
- Structures and functions of proteins and Enzymes, Bioenergetics and the metabolism of Carbohydrate and lipids, Metabolism of proteins and amino acids, Structures.
- Function and replication of informational macromolecules, Biochemistry of extracellular and intracellular communication, Nutrition, Digestion and Absorption, Vitamins and minerals, Intracellular traffic and sorting of proteins, Glycoproteins, The extracellular matrix.
- Muscles and the cytoskeleton, Plasma proteins and immunoglobulins, Homeostasis and thrombosis, Red and white blood cells, Metabolism of xenobiotics, The Human genome project, Miscellaneous Topics
- Cell injury, Cell death and adaptations, Acute and chronic inflammation, Tissue Repair, Regeneration, Healing and Fibrosis, Hemodynamic Disorders, thrombosis and shock, Diseases of the immune system Neoplasia.
- Genetic and paediatric Diseases, Environmental and Nutritional Diseases, General pathology of infectious Diseases, The Blood vessels, the Heart, hematopoietic and lymphoid systems, The lung, The kidney and its collecting system.
- The oral cavity and Gastrointestinal tract, The liver, Gallbladder and Biliary tract, The pancreas, The male genital system, The female genital system and breast, The Endocrine system, The musculoskeletal system, The skin, The nervous system, Miscellaneous Topics
- General Pharmacological Principles, Drugs acting on the Autonomic Nervous system, Autacoids and Related Drugs, Respiratory and Related Drugs, Hormones and Related Drugs.
- Drugs Acting on Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular Drugs, Drugs Acting on the kidney, Drugs Affecting Blood and Blood formation, Gastrointestinal Drugs, Antimicrobial Drugs, Chemotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases, Miscellaneous Drugs
- Methods and Techniques, Immunology, Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology, Miscellaneous Topics
- Fractures and Injuries, Infections of bones and joints, Bone tumours, CTEV, PIVD, Back pain, Degenerative and metabolic bone disease, Miscellaneous Bone diseases
Preventive and Social Medicine
- Man and Medicine: Towards health for all, Concept of Health and Diseases, Principles of Epidemiology and Epidemiologic Methods, Screening for Disease, Epidemiology of communicable diseases.
- Epidemiology of chronic Non-Communicable Diseases and Conditions, Health programs in India, Demography and Family planning, Preventive Medicine in Obstetrics Pediatrics and Geriatrics, Nutrition & Health, Social Sciences and Health.
- Environment and Health, Hospital waste Management, Disaster Management, Occupational Health, Genetics and Health, Mental Health, Health Information and Basic Medical Statistics, Communication for Health.
- Education, Health Planning and Management, Health care of the community, International Health, Miscellaneous Topics
- Diseases of Ear, Diseases of Nose and Paranasal Sinuses, Diseases of the oral cavity and salivary Glands, Diseases of the pharynx, Diseases of Larynx and trachea.
- Diseases of Oesophagus, Recent advances, Clinical methods in ENT and Neck masses, Operative surgery, Miscellaneous Topics
- Gastrointestinal Surgery, Urogenital Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Hernia, Umbilicus and Abdominal wall Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Burns, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Transplantation and oncology, Head Injury, Miscellaneous Topics
- Anatomy and development of the eye, Clinical methods in ophthalmology, Optics and refraction, Disease of the conjunctiva, Disease of the cornea, Disease of the sclera,
- Disease of the Uveal tract, Disease of the lens, Glaucoma, Disease of the vitreous, Disease of the Retina, Vision and neuro-ophthalmology, Strabismus and Nystagmus, Disease of the lids.
- Disease of the lacrimal apparatus, Disease of the orbit, Ocular injuries, Basic principles of ocular therapy, Systemic ophthalmology, Community Ophthalmology, Miscellaneous Topics
- Infectious diseases, tropical medicine and sexually transmitted diseases, Cell and molecular biology and genetic disorders, Clinical immunology, Nutrition, Gastrointestinal disease, Liver.
- Biliary tract and pancreatic disease, Haematological disease, Medical oncology including haematological malignancy, Rheumatology and bone disease, Renal disease, Water electrolyte and acid-base balance, Cardiovascular disease.
- Respiratory disease, Intensive care medicine, Drug therapy and Poisoning, Environmental medicine, Endocrine disease, Diabetes Mellitus & other metabolic disorders, Neurological disease, Miscellaneous Topics
- Diseases & Injury to the female genital tract, Conception, Birth control and MTP, Trophoblastic diseases, Ectopic gestation and disorders of menstruation.
- Tumours and its therapy, PID, Chronic pelvic pain, Endometriosis, Miscellaneous Topics
- Normal pregnancy, Complications of pregnancy, Medical and surgical illness complicating Pregnancy Pre-term labour, PROM, Post maturity, IUD, Malposition.
- Mal presentation, Cord prolapse, prolonged labour, obstructed labour, Diseases of Foetus and new-born, Operative Obstetrics, Special topics in obstetrics, Miscellaneous Topics
- Medical Jurisprudence, Autopsy, Death, Post mortem changes, Injuries and wounds, Thermal death, Starvation, Mechanical Asphyxia, Sexual offences and Abortion, Poisoning, Psychotropic drugs, Asphyxiants, Miscellaneous Topics
- Growth and development, Disorders of growth and development, Adolescent health and development, Fluids and electrolytes, Nutrition and macronutrient disorders.
- Micronutrient in health & Disease, New-born infants, Immunity and Immunization, Infectious diseases, Common protozoal & Helminthic infections, Diseases of Gastrointestinal system and liver, Haematological disorders, Disease of Ear nose and throat.
- Respiratory System, Disorders of the Cardiovascular system, Disorders of the Kidney and urinary tract, Endocrine and Metabolic disorders, Neuromuscular disorders, Malignancy in childhood, Collagen Vascular Disorders, Genetic disorders, Inborn errors of metabolism.
- Ophthalmology, Ocular manifestations of systemic disorders common skin disorders and leprosy, Poisoning and Accidents, Pediatric critical care, Practical Procedures, Rational drug therapy, Integrated management of childhood illness, Miscellaneous Topics
- Cognitive disorders, Schizophrenia, Mood disorders, Anxiety disorders, Adjustment disorders, Somatoform disorders.
- Sexual disorders, Eating, Sleep and Personality disorder, Impulse control disorders, Miscellaneous Topics
- Disorders of Pigmentation, Allergic disorders, Papulosquamous disorders, Papulo vesicular disorders.
- Systemic disorders with Cutaneous features, Leprosy, Fungal infections, Scabies, Pediculosis, STD, Malignant Skin disease, Miscellaneous Topics
- Physics and Technique, Diagnostic features and signs, Systemic Radiology, Miscellaneous Topics
- Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, Nuclear medicine, Miscellaneous Topics
- Digestion and Absorption, Respiration, Cardiovascular Physiology, Nervous System, Excretion, Endocrine System, Sensory organs, Muscles, Miscellaneous Topics
- General Anaesthesia, Regional Anaesthesia, Drugs used for Anaesthesia, Anaesthesia in coexisting diseases, Critical Care, Miscellaneous Topics
NEET PG 2020: SECTION-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS
|Section||Number of Questions|
NEET PG 2020: SUBJECT WISE MARKS DISTRIBUTION
|S. No.||Subject||Subject-Wise Weightage of Questions|
|8||Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|9||General Medicine Including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|10||General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia and Radiodiagnosis||45|
|11||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
NEET PG 2020: BEST REFERENCE BOOKS
|Anatomy||Rajesh Kaushal MCQ book by Dr. Raviraj|
|Physiology||Dr. Souman Manna Dr. Krishna Kumar|
|Pharmacology||Gobind Rai Garg and Sparsh Gupta, Ranjan Patel|
|Pathology||Sparsh GuptaDevesh Mishra|
|Microbiology||Rachna Chaurasia Apurba Sastry|
|Forensic Medicine||Arvind Arora|
|Medicine||Deepak Marwah Mudit Khanna|
|Surgery||Pritesh Singh SRB|
|OBS and Gynae||Sakshi Arora|
|ENT||Manisha Sinha and Sachin Budhiraja|
|Ophthalmology||AK Khurana Ruchi Rai|
|Anaesthesia||ProAfs by Vivek Jain|
|Image-Based||PHOTON or Final Edge|
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor. We also provide comprehensive guidance to all medical aspirants regarding admission procedures, counselling, registration, document verification, college selection, MOP-UP round, etc for education in India.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 8173932222/+91 8173872222