MBBS at Lyceum-Northwestern University Philippines
Established in 1975, Lyceum-Northwestern University is a private higher education institution located in the large town of Dagupan City, Ilocos Region. Dagupan City is the main city of Pangasinan in northern Luzon, the chief island of the Philippines. Dagupan has always been the center of education in Ilocos Region (Region 1) and easily accessible from Manila via buses running every hour from Manila to Alaminos.
Lyceum-Northwestern University is officially accredited and recognized by the Commission on Higher Education, Philippines. It is a coeducational higher education institution offering courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. Lyceum-Northwestern University College of medicine follows the American curriculum and is accredited by WHO, FAIMER & ECFMG. Lyceum-Northwestern University is also recognized by the Medical Council of India and has the highest pass percentage in the MCI screening test conducted at the end of their MBBS graduation. Students can also appear for USMLE part 1 & 2 in the Philippines during their study.
Lyceum Northwestern University is one of the few institutions to have high end digital systems such as Anatomage table and Simulation Lab for students to train. The curriculum is a practical based curriculum that gives hands-on training to future healthcare professionals to compete at the world standard. Lyceum-Northwestern University provide opportunities for the student to develop scientific attitudes and habits by the use of scientific methods which consist of observation, evaluation, analysis of data, medical reasoning and formulation of hypothesis thereby coming to valid conclusions.
Lyceum-North-western University aims at formation of a basic physician who is educated in the methodology principles of Medicine and who has the necessary background to practice primary health care with maximum use of his senses and skills; and to motivate them to pursue post-graduate training in a specialty or research. The University encourages establishment of meaningful interaction between the students and the community through community-oriented institutional co-curricular activities in health care education and delivery.
The majority of the faculty members at Lyceum-Northwestern University are qualified medical educators and the most respected practitioners in the region who serve as mentors and role models who inspire students to excel in the medical field.
Lyceum-Northwestern University has a modern campus with more than 7000 students studying in various fields of education. The student community includes over 1800 foreign students and the campus provides ideal comfortable environment to nurture the creativity of the students.
Lyceum-Northwestern University campus has added advantage for Indian medical aspirants who want to study MBBS in Philippines as it has a large number of Indian Medical students currently studying here and everything from accommodation to Indian food and other amenities for students are completely taken care of at Lyceum-Northwestern University. The peaceful, pleasant city has weather conditions similar to India and Philippines being an English-speaking country make communication simpler for the Indian students.
PRACTICAL EXPOSURE AT LYCEUM-NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
All things considered MBBS in Philippines is Practical Oriented as per the United States pattern, wherein Lyceum-Northwestern University Medical Program is more practical oriented and provides practical exposure to its medical students through its affiliation with government hospitals and medical centers. The students of LNU get to train in Region 1 Medical Center and other Government hospitals of Dagupan.
Final Year Students (MD-4th Year) in their Clerkship rotation program get excellent hands-on exposure under the guidance of experience faculty. They get training for 12 months in the hospitals with some of the following specialties:
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
BS-MD COURSE AT LYCEUM-NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
- The medical course at Lyceum Northwestern University is called “Doctor of Medicine (M.D)”. It is equivalent to MBBS in India and is of 4 Years duration with language of instruction being English throughout.
- BS Biology Course duration is of 12 Months.
- After completing BS Biology. Premedical course students move to MD course automatically that’s why some time this medical course is known as BS-MD.
- The course covers the normal Human Anatomy, Parasitology, Gynecology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Obstetrics, Pharmacology, Pediatrics, Community Health, General Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Medical Practice, and Psychiatry etc.
OTHER COURSES OFFERED AT LYCEUM-NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
College of Dentistry
College of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
College of Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science [4-year]
College of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
School of Midwifery
- Diploma in Midwifery[2-year]
College of Radiologic Technology
College of Business Education
College of International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Travel Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
College of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering
College of Information and Computing Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
College of Maritime Education
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation
College of Criminal Justice Education
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Indian students who want to study low cost MBBS in Philippines at MCI approved medical colleges can check out best study abroad MBBS consultant here. The advantages of studying MBBS in Philippines through Best admission consultancy to study abroad is that they will provide you with only the best MCI approved colleges for MBBS in Philippines and will provide you with all the information required to adapt to your University life.
For a detailed, MBBS in Philippines fees, you can contact us directly at the contact shared below.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad/MBBS in Philippines at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor. For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222