Lumbini Medical College Nepal
Lumbini Medical College Nepal
Lumbini Medical College & Teaching Hospital Pvt. Ltd. is located in the south of the peaceful town of Palpa district, Lumbini Zone, Nepal. It is easily accessible from India, situated only 55 km from Sunauli border. There are regular buses from Kathmandu to Tansen – 296 km via Butwal and about 324 km via Pokhara. It is about 3-4 hours drive from Lumbini and Pokhara respectively. It has 30 min. daily-scheduled flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara or Bhairahawa. Tansen Nepal can be visited at any time of the year. The climate here is moderate with temperatures ranging from 8°C-28 °C.
Lumbini Medical College &Teaching Hospital Pvt. Ltd was established as a 100 bedded Hospital in 2006 and was subsequently upgraded into a 600 bedded hospital along with the expansion of various services and facilities.
Lumbini Medical College is affiliated to Kathmandu University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and approved by the Nepal Medical Council (NMC), Medical Councils of SAARC countries, the General Medical Council of United Kingdom, Accreditation bodies of Australia, Canada and the USA.
Lumbini Medical College is committed to nurture and produce efficient medical professionals who are well trained in all fields of medical and health sciences by extending all aspiring graduates an appropriate and supportive learning environment backed by the state of the art ultra-modern medical facilities.
The MBBS program at Lumbini Medical College includes the core curriculum of basic medical sciences, clinical subjects and community medicine including medical informatics, community-based learning with community exposure, elective study and rotating internship at a recognized hospital.
Lumbini Medical College has highly qualified and experienced faculty team, committed to excellence in education, research and patient care. The students are taught through lectures, clinical demonstrations, tutorials and practical ward demonstration. Seminars and symposiums are organized at the university regularly.
Lecture halls, seminar rooms, and laboratories at Lumbini Medical College are equipped with sophisticated audio-visual teaching aids to ensure the acquaintances of students with the latest development in medical science.
Curriculum and teaching methods in Nepal are similar to India in terms of syllabus, books, study pattern, duration of the course, etc hence Indian students studying MBBS in Nepal are easily able to practice in India when they return after graduation.
TEACHING HOSPITAL AT LUMBINI MEDICAL COLLEGE
Lumbini Medical College has both OPD and IPD facilities serving a large number of local patients.
The hospital has fully equipped: ICU, Blood Bank, Ambulance facility and Laboratory Services: Emergency and Routine Lab where all type of routine and special investigations incl. biochemical, microbiological, pathology, immunology and genetic studies are done.
COURSES OFFERED AT LUMBINI MEDICAL COLLEGE
Degree Awarded– MBBS
Course Duration: (4½ +1) years
Course Duration- 4 years
- PCL Nursing under CTEVT affiliation
- B.Sc. Nursing under KU affiliation
HOSTEL FACILITIES AT LUMBINI MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Lumbini Medical College provides safe, secure and cost-efficient comfortable accommodation facilities to all its students.
- It is obligated towards making homely arrangement for students with necessary basic residential facilities.
- The hostel provides a bed, study table, chair, cupboard, etc for each student.
- Every hostel has good water facility, common telephone, common TV room, a common reading room.
- Well hygienic canteen within college compound available of all types of Nutritious food at low cost.
- Adequate sports and recreation facilities are available for student’s physical development.
- The hostels are well secured and have security men providing round the clock security to the whole premises.
- First-year students will be provided double, triple or multiple common rooms.
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls are available in which they must stay for five and a half years.
- Onetime payment of all hostel charges for five and half years is done to the respective hostel managements.
- During the time of internship, students can stay outside if they desire.
LIBRARY FACILITIES AT LUMBINI MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Lumbini Medical College has an excellent library facility with adequate provision for reading reference books.
- Reading cabins for individual students are also available in the library. So, they can read without any disturbances.
- Course books and reference books of each course subjects have been thoughtfully stocked.
- Professional & medical journals, health-related research reports, magazines and newspapers are available for the student’s advancement in the field of Medicine.
- Lumbini Medical College also provides the facility of e-library which can be accessed from anywhere for student’s convenience.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MBBS IN NEPAL
A candidate shall be eligible for MBBS in Nepal on fulfilling the criteria mentioned below:
- Must have passed 12th or equivalent qualification from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and passed in each subject with a minimum of 50% in PCB and in aggregate.
- Passed Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree recognized by the Universities in Nepal with biological sciences and must have passed the Higher Secondary Education (Science) or 10+2 (Science) or Intermediate of Science or equivalent Science education with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Only NEET qualified Indian students eligible.
- Must have passed the Medical Entrance Examination conducted for MBBS program by BPKIHS, KU, TU (as applicable).
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR MBBS IN NEPAL
- Admission will be made based on performance in the entrance test followed by an interview.
- Results will be published one week before the course commencement.
- Foreign students will be selected based on eligibility criteria and interviews after passing the Common Entrance test conducted by KU, TU, BPKIHS (as applicable) and duly filling the application form of the individual colleges.
NOTE: Interview will be conducted by the respective College in which admission is being sought.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad /MBBS in Nepal at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Toll Free: 18002744466
Mob: +91 81738 72222