How to choose PG Medical College in India for MD/MS course?
Postgraduate Medicine Programs is an advanced training available in a range of medical and healthcare disciplines. These programs pave a broader qualification pathway and provide further professional development opportunities to Medical graduates with existing qualifications and experience. Any medical student interested in MD/MS admission at an Indian medical college must qualify either NEET PG or INI-CET examination of that particular year.
With a number of college options available for MD/MS in India, selecting a college that will help in advancing your career is very essential. MD/MS colleges in India offer many different courses and programs that you can choose from. Some of these colleges offer the best PG courses in medicine, and some offer the best programs in PG Surgeons. Depending upon your future plans you can select a college that will help you achieve your career goals.
Few parameters to be followed while choosing a MD/MS college in India are as follows:
Infrastructure– Make sure to take account of the colleges’ infrastructure carefully when selecting a college. Infrastructure plays a huge part in getting practical exposure and research opportunities in the universities. Most colleges have images of their infrastructure on their websites and brochures which can be accessed easily from the comfort of your home.
Basic facilities– As in any other country around the world the facilities like classrooms, hostels, libraries etc are much better than government medical colleges. Private colleges pay a lot of attention to all these details and offer a much comfortable environment but these facilities come along with high fees structure and totally depend upon the budget of individual student while making a choice.
Ranking of college– There are more than 500 colleges for PG Medical in India and it can get a little tricky while selecting the best college according to your requirements from so many colleges. For this you can Look up the ratings of individual colleges on ‘National Institutional Ranking Framework’ NIRF prepared by the medical commissions for Ranking colleges. This will help you a great deal in making an informed decision.
Practical Exposure– Many candidates have misconception that only government medical colleges have good OPD’s and other clinical opportunities for practical exposure. You should keep in mind that many Top private Medical Colleges in India have remarkable Faculty team, experts in their fields and the number of patient interactions at the attached hospitals of these colleges is exceptional as well. Make sure to research thoroughly and list out good colleges before counselling begins.
Placements– One of the best parameters to check if a college is worth your efforts and time is to go through its placements performance. This information is easily available on the college website and present in their brochures as well.
Campus culture– A college with great campus culture can help its students in developing good life skills, accelerate in your career and build a great professional network. You can get in touch with the college Alumnus through various social media platforms and acquaintances to check out the standing of your preferred college.
How to take admission at MD/MS colleges in India?
All of the NMC recognized government and private medical colleges for MD/MS in India offer admission to the candidates based on their performance at the various entrance examinations-NEET PG and INI CET. Seats are offered to the deserving candidates on the basis of merits through Counselling and the cut-offs vary widely from college to college.
Top 50 MD/MS colleges in India
Top 50 PG medical colleges of India according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework released by Ministry of Education, Government of India is:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
- Christian Medical College
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Banaras Hindu University
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research
- King George`s Medical University
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences New Delhi
- John’s Medical College
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Madras Medical College & Government General Hospital, Chennai
- Maulana Azad Medical College
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital
- D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth
- S.R.M. Institute of Science and Technology
- Siksha `O` Anusandhan
- Lady Hardinge Medical College
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- Jamia Hamdard
- Dayanand Medical College
- Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jodhpur
- Government Medical College & Hospital Chandigarh
- University College of Medical Sciences Delhi
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar
- Medical College Kolkata WB
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Coimbatore
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Ambala
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College Bengaluru
- Sawai Man Singh Medical College Jaipur
- SCB Medical College and Hospital Cuttack
- Annamalai University Annamalainagar
- Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Mumbai
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed University Karad
- Narayana Medical College Nellore
- Regional Institute of Medical Sciences Manipur
- K.S. Hegde Medical Academy Mangaluru
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Puducherry
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belagavi
- Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli
- Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute TN
- Shri B.M.Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre Karnataka
We are among the Best medical admission consultant offering comprehensive guidance to all medical aspirants regarding admission procedures, counselling process, registration, document verification, college selection, NRI/Management quota seats for MBBS/MD/MS in India as well as providing detailed information and admission in MBBS Abroad. We have been assisting medical aspirants for over a decade to study MBBS abroad at affordable costs and carve out a niche path by becoming a qualified Doctor.
For more personalized advice and questions about Medical admissions and application processes, connect with us.
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 817 393 2222/+91 817 387 2222