MD RADIODIAGNOSIS: SCOPE, SYLLABUS, ELIGIBILITY & OPPORTUNITIES
Radio diagnosis is a medical science branch that focuses on the use of radiation, ultrasound and magnetic resonance in medical practices. It relates to anatomy, pathology, physiology and interventional procedure. The course deals with knowledge in the various sub-specialities of radiology such as Neuro-radiology, GI-radiology, Uro-radiology, Vascular-radiology, Musculoskeletal, Interventional radiology, Emergency radiology, Paediatric Radiology and Mammography. The duration, of course, is 3 years and is one of the most popular PG medical branches opted by the top merit holders.
MD Radiodiagnosis Eligibility
- MBBS Degree or equivalent recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with 50% minimum aggregate score
- Completed a one-year Internship
MD Radiodiagnosis Syllabus
Anatomy-Gross and cross-sectional anatomy of all the body systems.
Pathology-Gross morphology of pathological conditions of systemic diseases affecting all organ systems
Radiology Course-This would cover imaging and interventions of diseases affecting all the body systems:
- Cardiovascular system
- Musculoskeletal including soft tissue
- Gastrointestinal system
- Hepato-biliary-pancreatic system
- Urogenital (genito-urinary) system
- CNS including head and neck
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- ENT, eye, dental, breast
- Endocrine and metabolic system
- Clinically applied radionuclide imaging
- Practical Schedule -Physics
- Practical radiography
- Contrast Media
MD Radiodiagnosis employers
- Academic/Educational Institutions
- Biomedical Companies
- Health Centres
- Nursing Homes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Radiological Sciences Laboratory
- Research Institutes
MD Radiodiagnosis Opportunities
- Consultant Radiologist (Diagnostic Centre)
- Medical Consultant
- Radio-Diagnosis Professor/Associate Professor
- Radiologist-A radiologist executes and interprets medical images such as X-rays, CT scans, ultrasounds, and MRIs, and uses them to treat health problems in patients.
- Radiographer-A Radiographer creates medical images in the form of x-rays, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and ultrasound. Radiographers assess, diagnose, and treat patients for a variety of injuries and diseases.
- Health Diagnostics Technologist-They perform X-rays, mammograms, MRIs or CT scans. Their duties include explaining procedures and preparing patients for imaging, following physicians’ instructions, and taking precautionary safety measures. They work in various medical disciplines, such as radiology, oncology, cardiology, and neurology.
Indian students who want to study low cost MBBS abroad at MCI approved medical colleges can check out best study abroad MBBS consultant here. The advantage of studying MBBS abroad through Best admission consultancy to study abroad is that they will provide you with only the best MCI approved colleges for MBBS abroad and will provide you with all the information required to adapt to your University life.
For a detailed, MBBS Abroad fees, you can contact us directly at the contact shared below.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 8173932222