ADMISSION PROCESS AT KAZAN FEDRAL UNIVERSITY RUSSIA
STEP 1: APPLY ONLINE
Students can apply online by filling in the Application Form. The application process at Kazan Federal University consists of 5 stages:
- Basic personal data
- Passport data, date of birth, place of visa processing and mailing address.
- Education history
- Uploading documents: scan of your passport, scan of notarized translation of the passport, scan of educational certificate, scan of notarized translation of education certificate, Certificate of English proficiency, financial guarantee.
- Candidates should also fill the Housing application form if they need assistance with accommodation upon arrival
After reviewing the above documents, the University shall notify you about acceptance or rejection. If you will be accepted then Admission Confirmation Letter shall be issued.
STEP 2: ISSUING THE INVITATION LETTER
After receiving the Acceptance / Admission Confirmation letter from Kazan Federal University you can send the documents mentioned below to get an VISA invitation letter.
- Filled Application Form
- Copy of International Passport (minimum valid for one year)
- Academic certificates(with subject details)(translated to Russian and duly certified)
- 6 photos 3 * 4
- Medical Certificate of Health Status
- Vaccination certificate
- Invitation Letter charges
- Documents and notarized translations should be scanned properly and should be clearly readable.
STEP 3: APPLYING FOR VISA
- After receiving documents and payment, Admission Confirmation letter and visa support letter will be prepared by the Kazan Federal University.
- As soon as your invitation is ready you will receive a scanned copy of it by e-mail (for your information).
- The original invitation will be sent to you by mail
- Once you file the Original invitation and other required documents to an Embassy (or Consulate) of Russia you will be granted an entry visa to Russia
Documents required for VISA application processing:
- Original Invitation letter
- Original International passport (valid for one year)
- Original Higher Secondary School Certificate(12th standard mark sheet)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Medical certificate from any good private clinic with blood reports (HIV) Specimen attached. NOTE: Issued no more than 2 months before University studies process begin
- 8 Passport size Photos(white background)
- Visa fees.
- 1st-year tuition fee payment
- Signed authority letter (original) (for collecting Visa )
- Affidavit on a 10 Rs stamp paper (original) –Sponsorship affidavit, which has to contain: full name of a sponsor, his/her address, telephone numbers, e-mail, and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses (stating sum of expenses) of an applicant
- Minor Affidavit on 10 Rs stamp paper from Father and mother if the student is below 18 years old.
- Photo Copy of ID of parents giving affidavit and signatures should match everywhere with ID.
- Bank statement in name of father or mother (6 months statement original with bank stamp on it with the minimum balance not less than 4.5 lakh Rs)
- In case the account is opened less than 6 months then a letter from Bank Manager stating when the account was opened.
- In case Account holder is a student then Minimum account balance maybe 3.5 Lakh Rs.
Step 4: ARRIVAL IN RUSSIA
- You must fill your migration card on arrival to the Russian Federation at the airport
- You have to fill your personal data, terms of stay in Russia, purpose of the visit and the prospective stay of residence.
- Further you have to fill in the name of the inviting organization and the address of the inviting organization.
- The migration card consists of two identical sections. The first section is immediately collected by the passport and visa control officials as you enter the country. The second section of the card is collected when the person leaves the country to return home.
- After filling the migration card you will receive a stamp at the Border Control services desk. This stamp confirms your entry in the Russian Federation.
- The Migration Card is submitted to the Kazan Federal University officials on arrival as it is proof of your entry in the Russian Federation.
Step 5: ARRIVAL AT THE UNIVERSITY
- Upon your arrival in Kazan, visit the Department of External Affairs office at Kazan Federal University.
- All foreign students must submit the documents for registration to the Dean’s Office for International Students within 3 days after their entry in the Russian Federation with following documents: Passport and Migration card (received at the airport on arrival).
- All applicants will have a medical check-up to assess eligibility for further studies in medical university.
- Finally, you have to submit your documents to the Admission Committee.
Documents to be submitted to the Admission Committee:
- Application Form
- Notarized & translated educational certificates
- Notarized & translated International passport
- Photographs 6 (3х4)
- Valid student visa issued with the invitation of KFU or the Russian Ministry of Education
- Migration card
- Medical certificate including AIDS test
- Medical insurance
- Confirmation of financial resources
- For applicants under 18 years – parental consent to travel certified by a notary.
STEP 6: COMPLETE OTHER UNIVERSITY FORMALITIES
ATTEND UNIVERSITY ORIENTATION
List of dormitory check-in documents for international students
- Passport (original document and copy)
- Application with a signature of the Head of Adaptation Services Unit
- Medical insurance (original document and copy)
- Certificate of instruction in life and safety procedures
- Medical checkup certificate
- Photos 3×4 (3 pieces)
- Application for dormitory accommodation
- Check-in control paper