International Medical College (IMC) was established in the year 2000 after completing all formal procedures and after obtaining permission from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It started with 20 students in the academic session 1999-2000. Since then the number of students progressively has been increasing every year.
The vision of the International Medical College is to become a leading healthcare organization and to position itself as a center of excellence in medical education and research. It aims at attracting brilliant students , teachers and researchers from all over the world.
International Medical College, along with its Nursing Unit, is established to produce highly capable doctors, nurses, other paramedic and technical professionals to provide client-centered services, and to conduct useful research. As a service organization, International Medical College endeavors to bring changes in health sector through quality service and through promotion of sensible behavior of the health professionals towards the distressed communities. The company is looking for specialization in selected disciplines and it also explore for suitable diversification within the scope of the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
The International Medical College & Hospital is located at the outskirts of the commercial township of Tongi and is about 22 km away from the city centre of Dhaka. The major bus stands/terminals, railway station and Shahjalal International Airport are within maximum distance of 30 minutes.
The campus stands in a solitary environment amidst green vegetation, spaced villages and large water bodies. One takes a walk around the campus to take fresh breath while enjoying the panorama and picturesque that the site offers. Everything combines and converges here to make it a perfect place for learning.
The present campus of the College has an area of about 9 acres of land. The college and all preclinical and para-clinical departments are located in the academic building. The Classrooms, Dissection hall, Laboratories, Museum, Library and other facilities are appropriately arranged in various floors of the Academic Building.
International Medical College Hospital (IMCH) is the academic hospital of the College. It is a 600 bedded multidisciplinary Hospital Complex which is located in the proximity to the College building.
IMC always gives preference to students’ affairs on priority basis. Since we believe that a tranquil, soothing lodging is an inevitable necessity especially for medical students, we have arranged well furnished accommodations for male and female students in two separate hostels. Three-storied Boys’ Hostel is located on the bank of the lake inside the campus. The newly built three-storied Girls’ Hostel is situated beside the College building. There are separate blocks for foreign male and female students. Both the hostels are adequately furnished with articles needed for everyday living and entertainment. Well trained cooks for both local and foreign students are provided by the College for both the hostels.
The following criteria must be fulfilled to get admission in MBBS course at International Medical College:
01. The Candidates selected by the Directorate General of Health Services, through a competitive examination, will be eligible for admission in IMC.
02. Admission will be conducted on the basis of first come, first admission; while chronology of merit will strictly be followed.
03. Candidates will have to undergo a medical test to prove their physical competency.
04. Students who have passed SSC and HSC or equivalent, having at least GPA 3.5 individually and GPA – 8 in combined can apply for admission in MBBS course. 05. Students who have passed HSC or equivalent examination two years before commencing of the session are not eligible to apply. Students with GCE O & A Level or 12th grade should have equivalent certificate from Directorate General of Health Services, Mohakhali, Dhaka.
06. Prescribed admission form and prospectus will be available from the office of the principal and in the city office on payment of TK. 1000/- (Taka One Thousand) only.
07. Mailing Address College: International Medical College, Gushulia, Sataish Bazar, Tongi, Gazipur.
Admission Procedures for Foreign Students
For the foreign students, information regarding admission fee, tuition fee, rules & regulations etc. are available in the college website: www.imchbd.com in details. Candidates may obtain information by sending their queries through E-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. or calling the College Secretary directly at 088-02-9814713-4. Foreign students must apply through Bangladesh Embassy / High Commission to DGHS, Ministry of Health, Govt. of Bangladesh for Equivalence Certificate (EC) in prescribed form with appropriate fees. Please contact your nearest Bangladesh Embassy for details.