Karnataka State Counselling for MBBS/Dental Courses 2019:Important Dates,Admission Process,Documents Required
Karnataka Examinations Authority KEA has started inviting applications online from the eligible and qualified candidates for admissions to UG Medical and Dental courses from all over India for the year 2019-20.
The candidates who have scored more than or equal to the required minimum score in NEET 2019 are eligible to register for Karnataka UG admissions.
The SC/ST/OBC eligibility criterion is applicable for reserved candidates of Karnataka Domicile only. Non-Karnataka candidates are not eligible for AYUSH admissions through KEA or any SC/ST/OBC reservation.
Before registering online for admissions to Medical and Dental courses in Karnataka Candidates must read the Information Bulletin of UG NEET 2019 carefully for details regarding eligibility criterion, classification of Seat Matrix and eligibility to claim seats hosted on KEA website.
Candidates who have already registered with KEA for CET 2019 and verified their documents for attending UGCNET 2019 document verification should necessarily register for UGNEET 2019 by entering their CET 2019 Admission ticket Number.
The interested eligible candidates can register online on KEA official website kea.kar.nic.in from 15th June, 2019 (01:00PM onward) to 19th June 2019(till 05:30PM).
Last day for payment of the registration fees is 20th June, 2019 (before 05:30 PM).
After registration candidates have to appear for document verification process to be eligible for admission to Medical/Dental courses in Karnataka State.
Details like registration fee, schedule for document verification/procedure, and list of documents required for verification and other details will be hosted on the KEA website.
Schedule for verification of documents will be updated on 19th June, 2109 after 06:00 PM.
Counselling process will be organized in different rounds and the process has been divided into various steps like document verification, registration, choice filling, seat allotment, etc.
After registration process when the portal is made available candidates will have to pay the counselling fees and fill the choices of colleges and courses and lock it.
After that seat allotment process will be conducted, the candidate will be allotted the seats and will be informed via SMS.
Candidates have to report to their Allotted College and also get their documents verified.
Candidate who wants to surrender the seat allotted by KEA may do so before the last date fixed for modifying of options of Second Round of seat allotment, failing which it may amount to blocking of seat and KEA may initiate action / proceedings against such candidates.
If a candidate decides to surrender the seat, he / she have to surrender the seat only to KEA in writing. Merely not reporting to the selected / allotted college will not be presumed by the candidate that he / she have surrendered the seat to KEA.
Candidates should regularly check the website kea.kar.nic.in for latest updates.
Counselling and Admission Process
The counselling process has been divided into various steps which are mentioned below:
- The candidates will have to register for counselling through online mode.
- Then Candidates have to fill all the required details in the application form.
- The fee payment if applicable can be done through bank challan.
- The authority will release a provisional merit list which contains the name of NEET qualified candidates who applied under Karnataka State.
- After that, candidates have to go through the document verification process.
- Document verification will be done at different centers as specified by the officials.
- Candidates must carry their original documents and attested photocopies for verification.
- Eligible candidates will be able to fill the options for colleges through the website.
- On the basis of filled options, rank, category and seats availability, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- The counselling authority will publish a mock allotment list for admission.
- Candidates who are not satisfied with their allotment can make changes in their options within the given time duration.
- After receiving feedback from the candidates, a final allotment result will be published.
- After the allotment of seats, candidates can submit their fees and download their admission ticket through the website.
- Now, candidates have to report to the allotted college with the required documents and fees to confirm their admission.
Documents Required for Verification
After registration candidates have to report for the document verification process, at the verification centers as specified by the officials. Candidates have to bring their original documents and their attested photocopies.
List of documents required for verification are as follows:
- SSLC/10thclass mark sheet
- 2ndPUC/ 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Printout of the application form
- Candidate’s study certificate
- Fee payment proof (challan)
- NEET 2019 rank card
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Provisional allotment letter generated online
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222