CBSE releases new exam date sheet for pending Class Xth and Xth Board Exams: Check here for other major changes
CBSE releases new exam date sheet for pending Class Xth and Xth Board Exams: Check here for important details
The central board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has officially announced the class 10 and 12 revised date sheet for the board exam 2020 on May 18th, 2020. According to the released date sheet, the CBSE Board Exams are now scheduled to be conducted from July 1st to July 15th 2020.
Due to the Covid-19 lockdown Class 12 (nationwide) board exams were halted midway and had to be postponed. Whereas, the class 10 exams are pending only in North East Delhi where they were first affected due to the law and order situation and later were further delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak, resulting in a four-month-long wait for the exams.
Class 12th is a very crucial year for the students as they take the big leap towards their college life which plays a crucial role in shaping their lives ahead. But since the situation is similar for all the education boards in the country, and at large all countries in the world, there is not much that could have been done in this scenario.
Consideration for competitive exams like NEET & JEE and college session
The schedule has been decided in order to ensure that the board exams are completed before competitive examinations such as engineering entrance JEE-Mains, which is scheduled from July 18-23, and medical entrance exam NEET, which is scheduled on July 26.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has also issued guidelines to the universities to commence their new academic session for fresher from September while for the existing students from August.
Simultaneous evaluation of answer sheets for early Result declaration
There are more than 35 lakh students who appear for board exams and around 2 crore CBSE answer sheets need to be checked for the same, as cited by the CBSE secretary. Even though some of the CBSE answer sheets were done checking in the 15 days of evaluation period before the Covid-19 lockdown was imposed around 70% i.e. approx 1.5 crores of CBSE answer sheets still need to be evaluated.
It is estimated that 1.5 to 2 months will be needed to carry out the paper evaluation. To timely declare the Board exams result it has been decided that exam answer sheets from around 3000 exam centres across India will be delivered to the homes of the board examiners who will carry out the checking process. After the paper evaluation is done, officials will come and collect the answer sheets to take them back to the board exam centres. Teachers who are involved in the evaluation process will be exempted from delivering academic and administrative work for the tenure.
Home centre for pending exams to ensure safety
The HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishak in a question-and-answer round held at a national television said that the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) pending board exams will be held in students’ own school to ensure the least travel for them. He added that exams will be conducted amid strict norms of social distancing
Only Major exams necessary for promotion to be held
The board had last month announced that it will only conduct pending exams in 29 subjects which are crucial for promotion and admission to higher educational institutions. The pending major subjects of Class 10 board exams will only be held in North Delhi and nowhere else in India as all other CBSE Class 10 students have already appeared for these exams.
The minor exams for both CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 will not be carried out and students will be marked in those subjects based on the internal assessment marks.
Date sheet released timely for the exam
CBSE had earlier stated that students would be given at least 10 days’ time to prepare for the remaining CBSE board exams. But thankfully, they got much more time than that since the CBSE date sheet for the board exam 2020 was released on May 18 and the exams will be held from July 1 to 15 which is good 1&1/2 month beforehand.
Health-related guidelines issued for Students & Parents
With the date sheet to keep in mind, students should also keep a check on their personal safety during this time. Students should know about the important health-related guidelines regarding the CBSE Board Exam 2020 which will be strictly followed during the examinations.
Safety Guidelines for CBSE Board examination centres
The MHRD Minister said that CBSE has been given instructions in this regard and the guidelines of the Ministry of Health. These instructions are as follows:
- All students must bring a hand sanitizer for themselves in a transparent bottle.
- All students will cover their nose and mouth with a cloth or mask.
- All students must follow the physical distance rules.
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, parents need to inform their children about the necessary precautions.
- Parents have to ensure that their child is not ill.
- All the students will have to strictly follow the rules issued while taking the exam.
- Students have to follow all the rules given in the admit card.
Examination day details
- The duration of the examination is given in the date sheet and admit card.
- Answer book will be divided between 10 am and 10:15 am.
- The question paper will be given at 10:15 am.
- Students will read their question papers from 10:15 to 10:30 am (15 mins).
- From 10:30 am, students will start writing their answers.
CBSE BOARD EXAM DATESHEET(REVISED)
CBSE Class 12 Date sheet 2020: Board exams all over India
- Home Science: July 1, 2020
- Hindi (Elective): July 2, 2020
- Hindi (Core): July 2, 2020
- Computer Science (Old): July 7, 2020
- Computer Science (New): July 7, 2020
- Information Practice (Old): July 7, 2020
- Information Practice (New): July 7, 2020
- Information Technology: July 7, 2020
- Business Studies: July 9, 2020
- Bio-Technology: July 10, 2020
- Geography: July 11, 2020
- Sociology: July 13, 2020
CBSE Class 12 Datesheet 2020: Board exams in North East Delhi
- Physics: July 3, 2020
- Accountancy: July 4, 2020
- Chemistry: July 6, 2020
- English Elective – N: July 8, 2020
- English Elective – C: July 8, 2020
- English Core: July 8, 2020
- Political Science: July 14, 2020
- Mathematics: July 15, 2020
- Economics: July 15, 2020
- Biology: July 15, 2020
- History: July 15, 2020
CBSE Class 10th Date sheet 2020: North East Delhi students
- Social Science: July 1, 2020
- Science: July 2, 2020
- Hindi course A: July 10, 2020
- Hindi Course B: July 10, 2020
- English Communicative: July 15, 2020
- English Lang & Lit: July 15, 2020
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 8173932222/+91 8173872222