BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE Bangladesh
Bangladesh Medical College (BMC) is the First Private Medical College in Bangladesh, located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka.
Dhaka is one of the most densely industrialized regions in the country. By the 21st century, it has emerged as a mega city, which is now listed as a beta-global city by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network (GaWC).
Bangladesh Medical College was established in 1986 and the College and the Hospital are run by the Bangladesh Medical Studies and Research Institute (BMSRI).
BMSRI is a non-political and non-profitable organization. The members of the Institute are not entitled to any remuneration or dividends.
Bangladesh Medical College is affiliated by the Dhaka University and recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
Bangladesh Medical College is listed in the World directory of Medical schools published by WHO, International Medical education Directory (IMED), Institute for International Medical education (IIME) and recognized by medical councils of many leading countries.
The cost of the complete course of MBBS in Bangladesh is quite affordable as compared to other countries across the world making it a lucrative choice for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad at economical fees.
Travelling to and fro from Bangladesh to India is very effortless. It is only a 2hrs 45mins flight from New Delhi to Dhaka and one can also choose to travel by road or train.
At Bangladesh Medical College the Medium of instruction is English and MBBS Course duration will be 5 years followed by a compulsory 1 year Internship.
The teaching is imparted to the students through lectures, demonstrations, tutorials, ward clinics, practical classes, field visits. Regular clinical meetings, seminars are held on specific topics.
There is a lot of similarity in the college of Bangladesh and India in terms of syllabus, books, study pattern, duration of the course and everything else hence Indian students are able to adjust to the study curriculum smoothly.
CAMPUS OF BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
Bangladesh Medical College campus is built in a 6 storied academic building with adequate parking facilities.
TEACHING HOSPITAL AT BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
- The attached Teaching Hospital of Bangladesh Medical College at Dhanmondi Campus is a tertiary care referral medical facility and provides excellent training to students and junior doctors.
- The hospital has arrangements for 500 in-patients. It is well equipped and provides quality health care to the public in OPD as well at reasonable cost.
- The new building of the Hospital, called the Community Welfare and Health Care Center (CWHCC), is built to international standards.
- Bangladesh Medical College also has a modern Accident and Emergency Department.
- Bangladesh Medical College has recently acquired a large and modern mobile hospital with a fully air conditioned operation theater, patient examination and treatment arrangements.
CLASS ROOMS FACILITIES AT BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Bangladesh Medical College class rooms are large and fully air conditioned with closed circuit televisions for lectures.
- Regular clinical meetings, seminars are held and lectures, demonstrations, tutorials, ward clinics, practical classes, field visits are integral part of teaching at Bangladesh Medical College.
- In addition, there are departmental tutorial rooms attached with the respective departments. The Anatomy Dissection Hall is fully air conditioned.
- The laboratories of various departments like Pathology, Biochemistry, etc are well equipped with instruments.
- Each class is provided with overhead projector, slide projector and microphone system. In addition, multimedia projectors and computers are also available for teaching.
LIBRARY FACILITIES AT BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Bangladesh Medical College has a modern fully air conditioned library which has a collection of over 6674 books including expensive latest monographs.
- It subscribes 16 international medical journals on an annual basis. The Medical Education Unit (MEU) is attached to the library.
- The funds of the library are of latest edition and high quality, suitable for undergraduate, postgraduate and research studies.
HOSTEL FACILITIES AT BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
The University hostel buildings are housed at the Bangladesh Medical College campus itself and are under protection 24×7.
These hostels give a very homely feeling for the students coming from different parts of the world.
Bangladesh Medical College has an affordable hostel system with well furnished rooms and recreation center for each wing of the hostel for International students.
All the rooms are well ventilated, comfortable, fully furnished with centralized air system.
The rooms are provided with all basic amenities like- Internet access, TV and telephone.
Separate Hostels facilities are available for boys and girls.
Facilities for students at Bangladesh Medical College are arranged on sharing basis.
The university takes special care of the international students and accommodation is ensured for all students.
Reading rooms and gym are accommodated inside every hostel.
College possess a nice cafeteria, students may avail cafeteria canteen facilities at cheaper rates.
Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities such as:
- Sports and games
- Common room activities
- Literary activities such as debates, seminars, publications of Annual Magazine
- Cultural activities
- Humanitarian services such as free blood donation and free medicine supply for poor patients, relief works during natural calamities such as cyclones, floods, epidemics etc.
- Teachers-Students Committees look after these activities.
COURSES OFFERED AT BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
Degree Awarded- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS)
Course Duration- 5 years + 1 year Internship
DEPARTMENTS AT BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Gynae & Obst.
- Neuro Medicine
- Orthopedics Surgery
- Radiology and Imaging
- Radiotherapy & Oncology
- Transfusion Medicine
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS AT BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
The following is the minimum MBBS in Bangladesh eligibility criteria for admission of an Indian student at Bangladesh Medical College:
- There is no entrance exam in India like IELTS/SAT, etc.
- The student must be 17 years plus as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The student must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from the General category.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- You need to clear NEET from 2019 onward for admission in any country in abroad.
ADMISSION PROCESS AT BANGLADESH MEDICAL COLLEGE
Step 1: Apply Online—We fill up your application form using the details furnished by you at our office.
- Documents required for filling application form:
- Name, Surname
- Passport Number
- Passport Validity
- Permanent Address
- Phone Number, Email Address
- Date & Place of Birth
- Copy of International passport
- Copy of School leaving certificate and 12th standard marksheet
- Photo of online result Neet UG 2019(only for Indian MBBS Student) NEET-UG Cut-off(General, OBC, SC/ST)
- Invitation charges
Step 2: Invitation letter—after receiving the documents and payment the invitation letter, admission letter and visa support letter are sent to us and we initiate the VISA processing.
Step 3: VISA processing— Along with the invitation letter from Bangladesh Medical College we contact the nearest Bangladesh Embassy or Consulate
- Documents required for VISA application processing:
- Original Invitation letter
- Original International passport (valid for one year)
- Original Higher Secondary School certificate(12th standard marksheet)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Medical certificate from any good private clinic with blood reports (HIV) Specimen attached. NOTE :Issued no more than 2 months before University studies process begin
- 8 Passport size Photos(white background)
- Visa fees.
- 1st year tuition fee payment
- Signed authority letter (original) (for collecting Visa )
- Affidavit on a 10 Rs stamp paper (original) –Sponsorship affidavit, which has to contain: full name of a sponsor, his/her address, telephone numbers, e-mail, and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses (stating sum of expenses) of an applicant
- Minor Affidavit on 10 Rs stamp paper from Father and mother if student is below 18 year old.
- Photo Copy of ID of parents giving affidavit and signatures should match everywhere with ID.
- Bank statement in name of father or mother (6 months statement original with bank stamp on it with minimum balance not less than 4.5 lakh Rs)
- In case account is opened less than 6 months then letter from Bank Manager stating when account was opened.
- In case Account holder is student then Minimum account balance may be 3.5 Lakh Rs.
Step 4: ARRIVAL—after getting visa from Bangladesh embassy or Consulate, we inform students and the college about flight details with date and arrival time. One of our representatives receives the student at the airport.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical students to study MBBS abroad/MBBS in Bangladesh at government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs.
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222