NEPAL MBBS ENTRANCE EXAM: Eligibility, Admission Process & Documents required
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MBBS IN NEPAL
A candidate shall be eligible for MBBS in Nepal on fulfilling the criteria mentioned below:
- Must have passed 12th or equivalent qualification from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and passed in each subject with a minimum of 50% in PCB and in aggregate.
- Passed Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree recognized by the Universities in Nepal with biological sciences and must have passed the Higher Secondary Education (Science) or 10+2 (Science) or Intermediate of Science or equivalent Science education with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Must have passed the Medical Entrance Examination conducted for MBBS program by BPKIHS, KU,TU
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR MBBS IN NEPAL
- Admission will be made on the basis of performance in the entrance test followed by an interview.
- Results will be published one week before the starting date.
- Foreign students will be selected on the basis of eligibility criteria and interviews after passing Common Entrance test conducted by KU, TU, BPKIHS and duly filling the application form of the individual colleges.
NOTE: Interview will be conducted by the respective College in which admission is being sought.
B.P. KOIRALA INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Conducts Pre-medical entrance exam for admissions to MBBS, BDS, BSc Nursing and BSc MIT Programs every year in the month of July/August for Nepalese and Foreign Students
Candidates who are interested and seek admission in B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences are informed to apply with scanned copy of all original documents along with Bank Deposit Receipt of Entrance Examination and Counselling Fee (non refundable) must be submitted while submitting online application form.
Foreign candidates must appear in the Central Entrance Test conducted by B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences .
The Entrance Examination will be of 3½ hours duration and will have one paper consisting of 200 Multiple Choice Questions. There is no negative marking. The language of the question paper will be English.
Admissions are taken only on the basis of the merit secured in the entrance exam and counselling conducted by B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences.
INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE, TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY & ITS AFFILIATED COLLEGES
Institute of Medicine Nepal conducts a common entrance exam every year for both Nepalese and foreign students for MBBS program at IOM and its affiliated colleges.
The paper will be a multiple choice question based examination.
The total marks will be 100 and there will be no negative marking.
Admission Procedure at Institute of Medicine:
Eligible aspirants for MBBS at Institute of Medicine must take the Medical Entrance Examination conducted by Institute of Medicine, TU.
All students including international students must take and pass the Medical Entrance Examinations of Institute of Medicine
Those who secure more than 50% marks in IOM exam are listed in the merit.
Based on the marks obtained in IOM exam a separate merit list is prepared for Nepalese and Foreign students and admission is granted according to the merit secured.
Candidates are required to register with the affiliated colleges separately by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form for registration duly filled in and forwarded to the University through the Dean of the School of Medical Science or the Principal of the affiliated college within the stipulated date.
Colleges affiliated to Institute of Medicine, Tribhuvan University
- Chitwan medical College, Bharatpur
- Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara
- Janaki medical college, Janakpur
- KIST Medical College & Teaching Hospital, Lalitpur
- National Medical College, Birgunj
- Universal College of Medical Sciences, Bhairhawa
KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY & ITS AFFILIATED UNIVERSITIES
The KU conducts KUMET test every year in the month of July/August. Students (Nepalese and Foreign) have to pass the KUMET.
Admission will be done as per the guidelines of KU on the merit basis.
Original certificate and citizenship certificates are required for the admission.
Admission procedure for Foreign Citizen
Candidates who are interested and seek admission in MBBS/BDS programs of Kathmandu University are informed to apply with scanned copy 12th mark sheet and Citizenship/Passport.
Foreign candidates must appear in the Central Entrance Test KUMET conducted by Kathmandu University.
Candidates have to forward their application together with attested copies of their testimonials addressed to the principal of respective Medical College. All the students may contact respective colleges individually for application forms, prospectus or further details.
Only the Indian students who have passed NEET are eligible to apply.
Every candidate admitted in the course by Kathmandu University or any of the affiliated medical colleges shall register with University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form for registration duly filled in and forwarded to the University through the Dean of the School of Medical Science or the Principal of the affiliated college within the stipulated date.
Colleges affiliated to Kathmandu University
- Kathmandu University School of Medical sciences
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara
- College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur
- Nepalgunj Medical College, Nepalgunj
- Kathmandu Medical College, Kathmandu
- Nepal Medical College, Kathmandu
- Nobel Medical College, Biratnagar
- Lumbini Medical College, Palpa
- Birat Medical College, Biratnagar
- Devdaha Medical College, Lumbini
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FILLING APPLICATION FORM
Scanned copies of each of the following original documents (scanned copies of photocopies will not be accepted):
- Marksheet of Class XI & XII of 10+2 system or A-level or equivalent examination.
- Passport or citizenship (both sides) or residential certificate with photograph or election card (Adhar card / PAN card / Driving license will not be acceptable).
- Bank voucher/swift transfer receipt (as applicable)
- Scanned passport size photographs & signature
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad /MBBS in Nepal at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor.For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222