Ivanovo State Medical Academy Russia
Ivanovo State Medical Academy is located in the city of Ivanovo, which is located 4-5 hours away by bus or train from the capital of Russia – Moscow (about 335 km).
Ivanovo is often called a student city due to various specialized universities and their branches actively running in the vicinity: medical and agricultural academies, chemical engineering, state, energy and polytechnic (including architectural, construction and textile academies) universities, as well as the fire and rescue academy of the State Fire Service EMERCOM of Russia.
The Ivanovo State Medical Institute was established on June 16, 1930 as Ivanovo State Pedagogical Institute and was renamed in 1974 as Ivanovo State Medical Academy. It is affiliated by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation and is included in the World Directory of Medical Schools – FAIMER, WHO.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), European Medical Council and the Medical Councils of many other leading countries.
Graduates of Ivanovo State Medical Academy are eligible to apply for International Licensing Exams like NEXT (India), USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world and pursue residency and postgraduate programs in the respective countries.
The academy has technologically advanced educational and scientific training facilities which allow for comprehensive training of specialists. Currently, almost 2,500 students study at Ivanovo State Medical Academy, including 105 foreign citizens from 35 countries of the world.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy has 45 departments that provide undergraduate training, and 13 departments of the Institute of Postgraduate Education.
The teaching staff of Ivanovo State Medical Academy comprises almost 500 teachers, including more than 80 doctors and more than 250 candidates of science. 53 employees have the academic title of professor and 133 – associate professor.
Graduates of the Academy successfully work in the United States, Britain, Canada, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Israel, Spain and other countries.
The duration of MBBS (General Medicine) course at Ivanovo State Medical Academy is (5+1)years. The medium of instruction is English with Russian language taught separately for Internship.
The clinical sites are major multidisciplinary medical institutions of Ivanovo with modern equipment including the clinic of Ivanovo State Medical Academy.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy’s center of continuous practical training has all the necessary conditions for students to obtain sustainable practical knowledge and skills.
Academy’s buildings and clinics are provided with up-to-date equipment.
PRACTICAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
Students at Ivanovo State Medical Academy are involved in research from the beginning of their studies at the academy. International mobility programs help analyzes healthcare systems in foreign countries.
Students attend practical classes and lectures that take place in modern laboratories, computer classes, and classrooms.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy has at its disposal powerful clinical bases for city and regional hospitals, dispensaries, etc.
In 2009, the Academy opened a center of continuous practical training, the goal of which was to improve the quality of mastering the students’ manual skills and maintaining rarely used skills among specialists at the required level.
Classes at the Center allow simulating clinical situations as close as possible to real ones, to safely work out the technique of performing many medical procedures, to form and improve general medical professional skills.
Summer practice students take place in clinics, therapeutic, surgical departments and maternity homes of the city of Ivanovo and Ivanovo region, where they work as nurses and medical assistants.
Students combine their studies with active research work in student scientific circles of the Academy departments. The results of scientific research of students and young scientists are annually reported at the final meetings of the “Science Week”.
COURSES OFFERED AT IVANOVO STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
Department of General Medicine
Duration- (5+1) Years
Language- English /Russian
Department of Pediatrics
Duration- (5+1) Years
Language- English /Russian
Language- English /Russian
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Anesthesiology and Resuscitation
- Skin and Venereal Diseases
- Pediatric Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Pathological anatomy
- Forensic Medical Examination
- Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Functional Diagnosis
FACULTIES AT IVANOVO STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
- The pediatric faculty of Ivanovo State Medical Academy is one of the oldest in Russia, it was opened in 1935.
- Over the years of his work, more than 12 thousand pediatricians have been trained.
- Training of future pediatricians is carried out in 36 departments, including 17 clinical.
- More than 30 doctors of science and more than 100 candidates of science take part in the educational process.
- The staffs of the department are headed by such famous scientists and doctors.
- Medical faculty of the Ivanovo State Medical Academy (Ivanovo-Voznesensky Medical Institute) was opened on July 10, 1930.
- Throughout the lifetime of the university more than 14 thousand doctors have been trained.
- Among the graduates of the faculty there are many well-known scientists in the country and abroad.
- Educational process in the specialty “Medicine” is provided at 36 departments – 15 theoretical and 21 clinical.
- Training of future doctors is carried out by highly qualified scientific and pedagogical staff: professors, associate professors, honored workers of science of the Russian Federation, honored health workers, honored workers of higher education.
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
- Faculty of Dentistry of the Ivanovo State Medical Academy was organized in 2007.
- The Faculty of Dentistry is one of the most priority and promising divisions of the Academy, the development and modernization of which consumes significant material and intellectual resources.
FACULTY OF PRE-UNIVERSITY EDUCATION
- Faculty of Pre-University Education (FDO) was organized in December 1993 to ensure the continuity of school and university levels of education, the provision of multidisciplinary educational services, the creation of a trained contingent of applicants, the formation of sustainable motivation of young people to the medical profession.
- More than 400 students study the course annually which is taught by highly qualified teachers of the departments of the Academy: general and bio organic chemistry, biochemistry, biology, human anatomy.
FACILITIES AT IVANOVO STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
Ivanovo State Medical Academy provides its students with healthcare services, catering and recreation. Comfortable dormitories are available for non-resident students.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy has 3 hostels in operational management. These hostels can accommodate more than 500 students.
All the dormitories are fully equipped with modern utilities and adequately designed. They have centralized heating, hot and cold water supply, 24×7 electricity.
Students from all over the world come, live and study at the Ivanovo State Medical Academy hence the facilities are provided as per international standard.
All the rooms are well ventilated, spacious and furnished with beds, mattress, pillows, blanket, etc.
Reading rooms and gym are accommodated in every hostel.
The hostel also has round the clock security and assistance for safety of every student staying in the hostel.
Off campus housing/flats can also be availed by students who want to rent rooms or flats in private apartments. The price vary depending on size and location of the flat.
SPORTS & CULTURAL FACILITIES
The Students at Ivanovo State Medical Academy can reveal their talents in art, creativity and sports.
There are social and cultural adaptation programs which provide an insight in the Russian culture to foreign students.
All the students are encouraged to actively participate in these activities.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy library is one of the leading structural units of the university, providing the teaching and educational process and research with literature and information.
The library fund is about 570 thousand copies of documents, which include scientific, educational, foreign and artistic publications; 16000 readers are served by all structural divisions annually; annual distribution of books is 660,000 copies.
The electronic library system is a resource that includes both electronic versions of books by the leading educational literature publishers, as well as electronic versions of periodicals.
It provides Ivanovo State Medical Academy with access to scientific, educational literature and scientific periodicals for the maximum number of specialized areas.
The editorial and publishing department of the Ivanovo State Medical Academy was founded in 1972. The main task of the department being the publication of educational and scientific medical literature
The university publishes annually more than 40 titles of scientific and educational literature authored by Honored doctors and Honored scientists of the Russian Federation, as well as teachers of the academy.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS AT IVANOVO STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
The following is the minimum MBBS in Russia eligibility criteria for admission of an Indian student at Ivanovo State Medical Academy :
- There is no entrance exam in India like IELTS/SAT, etc.
- The student must be 17 years plus as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The student must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from the General category.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- You need to clear NEET from 2019 onward for admission in any country in abroad.
Before leaving the country the candidate should acquire the MCI eligibility certificate.
ADMISSION PROCESS AT IVANOVO STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
Step 1: Apply Online—we fill up your application form using the details furnished by you at our office.
- Documents required for filling application form:
- Name, Surname
- Passport Number
- Passport Validity
- Permanent Address
- Phone Number, Email Address
- Date & Place of Birth
- Copy of International passport
- Copy of School leaving certificate and 12th standard marksheet
- Photo of online result Neet UG 2019(only for Indian MBBS Student) NEET-UG Cut-off(General, OBC, SC/ST)
- Invitation charges
Step 2: Invitation letter—after receiving the documents and payment the invitation letter, admission letter and visa support letter are sent to us and we initiate the VISA processing.
Step 3: VISA processing— Along with the invitation letter from Ivanovo State Medical Academy we contact the nearest Russian Embassy or Consulate
- Documents required for VISA application processing:
- Original Invitation letter
- Original International passport (valid for one year)
- Original Higher Secondary School certificate(12th standard marksheet)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Medical certificate from any good private clinic with blood reports (HIV) Specimen attached. NOTE :Issued no more than 2 months before University studies process begin
- 8 Passport size Photos(white background)
- Visa fees.
- 1st year tuition fee payment
- Signed authority letter (original) (for collecting Visa )
- Affidavit on a 10 Rs stamp paper (original) –Sponsorship affidavit, which has to contain: full name of a sponsor, his/her address, telephone numbers, e-mail, and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses (stating sum of expenses) of an applicant
- Minor Affidavit on 10 Rs stamp paper from Father and mother if student is below 18 year old.
- Photo Copy of ID of parents giving affidavit and signatures should match everywhere with ID.
- Bank statement in name of father or mother (6 months statement original with bank stamp on it with minimum balance not less than 4.5 lakh Rs)
- In case account is opened less than 6 months then letter from Bank Manager stating when account was opened.
- In case Account holder is student then Minimum account balance may be 3.5 Lakh Rs.
Step 4: ARRIVAL—after getting visa from Russian embassy or Consulate, we inform students and the college about flight details with date and arrival time. One of our representatives receives the student at the airport.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad /MBBS in Russia at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222