Manipal College of Medical Sciences Nepal
Manipal College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS) is a private medical college established in 1994 in Pokhara, Nepal. It is the result of the collaboration between the Manipal Education Group and the Government of Nepal. The Medical College is affiliated to the Kathmandu University.
The College is approved by the MCI to provide MBBS education to Indian students. The duration, of course, is 4.5 years and the whole program is taught in the English language. The curriculum and pattern of MBBS in Nepal is similar to India and the students get excellent practical exposure through Community Outreaches and Teaching Hospital.
The listing of the University in WHO directory of Accredited Medical Schools enables the graduates to undertake various international licensing exams like- USMLE, PLAB etc.
The annual intake for the MBBS course at Manipal College of Medical Sciences is 100 students. The majority of the students are of Nepalese and Indian origin. Students from other nations such as Sri Lanka, United States of America, Canada, etc also get enrolled. Many students from American and European Universities enrol for elective training and get the opportunity for hands-on training.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences has two campuses:
- The Deep Campus is spread across 8 acres of wooded land, housing the preclinical sciences departments, hostels and other facilities for preclinical students.
- The second, Phulbari Campus, is a 30-acre campus and has an 825-bed multi-speciality teaching hospital.
- The Heads of Departments and Director Academics at Manipal College of Medical Sciences ensure all-round academic excellence and all-round development of students.
- The faculty has been largely drawn from reputed institutions in India and Nepal. These experienced teachers strive to drive students towards excellence.
- Education at MCOMS is not just about books and classrooms, but also about overall personality development and honing special skills.
- Groups of 5-7 students are formed and are put under the direct supervision of a faculty under the mentorship scheme, which ensures all-round student welfare and academic excellence.
The teaching program in preclinical consists of:–
- Didactic classroom lectures
- Community/ Hospital visits
The Teaching Program in Clinical Sciences consists of:-
- Didactic classroom lectures
- Clinical/practical training in hospitals, wards / Community visits/ Field training camp
- Clinical meetings/ Faculty talks/ Guest lectures
The students are periodically assessed by conducting end posting clinical exams (Clinical and Viva), mid-semester exams and end-semester exams.
One year of a rotating internship is compulsory. The Kathmandu University and Nepal Medical Council have approved six different schemes for internship for students of different countries, as per the requirements of their medical councils.
- Manipal Teaching Hospital (MTH) is a 700-bedded hospital, spread across 38 acres in the Himalayas located at Phulbari, Pokhara.
- The hospital building is constructed as a 5-story building.
- It houses an extensive medical library, student’s classrooms, a canteen, the main atrium, an auditorium along with outpatient departments and inpatient wards.
- There are also a number of ultra-modern speciality services at the Hospital including NICU, Neuro Surgery, Linear Accelerator, Spiral CT Scan, MRI etc.
- All the medical students and faculty reside close by in other buildings.
Community Outreach Programs
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences has NGOs and other organisations as partners where doctors & nurses are sent for managing the Community Health Outposts and deliver healthcare services.
- Field activities and numerous clinical camps are conducted by different departments for check-ups and screening.
Recognition and Affiliation
- Full and permanent recognition by the Nepal Medical Council
- Recognition by the Sri Lankan Medical Council
- Recognition by the British Columbia Student Assistance Program (BCSAP) and the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), Canada
- Recognition of the MBBS degree by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Listed in the WHO directory of Accredited Medical Schools
Indian students who want to study low cost MBBS in Nepal at MCI approved medical colleges can check out best study abroad MBBS consultant here. The advantage of studying MBBS in Nepal through Best admission consultancy to study abroad is that they will provide you with only the best MCI approved colleges for MBBS in Nepal and will provide you with all the information required to adapt to your University life.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad/ MBBS in Nepal at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor. We guide you through a maze of questions to find solutions best suited to your profile ensuring you choose the best academic path to achieve your career goals based on your aptitude, ability and interest.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222