Hostel and other facilities at Odessa National Medical University
Accommodation & Living
Odessa National Medical University has six hostels. Hostels are provided with:
- Free 24 hrs. gas, electricity, hot & cold water and phone.
- Rooms have centralized heating system.
- Rooms are all well furnished and spacious.
- Reading rooms and gym are accommodated in every hostel.
- Hostels are provided with 24×7 security and assistance.
- Student cafeteria and an independent kitchen available.
- Hostels are surrounded by green belt with outdoor sport activities like basketball, volleyball, football, etc.
- The Odessa National Medical University has excellent facilities not only for studies but also for sports and recreation. There is a sport-health complex on the Black Sea shore, where over 500 students at a time can rest in summer.
- The university’s Sports Complex is situated on the campus. It has six sports halls; for various games, including wrestling, table tennis, athletics, aerobics, badminton, rhythmic gymnastics, training room (gym).
- At the university the students can participate in more than 16 kinds of sports. The most popular are athletics, basketball, handball, tennis, weight lifting, swimming, football, fencing, mini-football, judo, unarmed combat, chess, badminton and other.
- The students who are interested in the creation art can attend the students’ center “VITA”. The most popular are ballet dancing, modern and folk-dancing, Students Theater of popular miniatures, poetic studio and student’s press-club.
- At Odessa National Medical University annual medical examination of every student is compulsory, carried out each year in the beginning of academic session at the Students’ Polyclinic.
- The medical examination is done by the specialist doctors and if needed all type of diagnostic investigations are carried out.
- In the system of treatment, rehabilitation and medical check-up, an important role is played by the rehabilitation sector, which provides multiple procedures: paraffin / ozokerite / mud-treatment, all kinds of electrical / light radiation treatment, laser therapy, magnetic therapy, electrically stimulated sleep, vacuum therapy, barotherapy, whirl bath, under-water vertical stretching of the spinal column, contrast massage, reflexotherapy, etc.
Museums of the university
Odessa National Medical University has three museums:
- Historical Museum comprises the exhibits, which tell about the development of the University. At present there are 4.5 thousand exhibits which help students to study at the courses of the history of Odessa National Medical University.
- Anatomic Museum helps students to study basic human anatomy. It includes 3 thousand exhibits telling about the structure of Human body; these objects are prepared by the students and teaching staff of the University.
- Museum of the Pathological Anatomy is one of the best professional museums in Ukraine. The museum has 2.5 thousand unique special materials showing the changes in the human organism that occur in different diseases.
- The library of Odessa National Medical University is one of the oldest and biggest libraries in Ukraine.
- The library is the hub of the medical-scientific periodical editions, one of the biggest in Ukraine.
- The collections of the library are exhibited at the exhibitions, symposia and scientific conferences of medical workers.
- The library is a modern information center that promotes educational, scientific and teaching process.
- Total collections of the library contain 1 million books.
- The library has its branches in each hostel.
- There is an Internet Hall in the building of library where students can receive latest international information.
- After enrollment every student receives “library card”, on the basis of which students can receive books for studies for the period of respective academic year.
- At the beginning of new academic year the students pursuing MBBS in Ukraine receives new books for that year.
Publishing and Printing Activity
- With the assistance from outstanding printing base, well qualified staff, and latest information technologies, the Odessa National Medical University publishes different scientific, educational and methodological literature.
- Three medical journals are published:
- Odessa Medical Journal – 6 times a year
- Medical achievements and biology – 2 times a year
- Integrative anthropology – 2 times a year
- The unique textbooks and practical aids on all studied disciplines are published at the University.
- “The library of medical student” is published in Russian, Ukrainian, English and French with a total circulation of 15,000 copies per year.
- The students of majority of medical establishments for MBBS in Ukraine study these books.
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.