Campus of National Medical College Nepal
Campus of National Medical College Nepal
The main academic complex of the National Medical College comprises of the Basic Medical Science Departments, Lecture Theaters, Central Library, Examination Hall and Teaching Hospital.
Basic Medical Sciences Block
The Integrated Basic Medical Sciences (IBMS) Block houses the Pre-Clinical departments, departments of Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine. Each of these departments has fully equipped laboratory, museum, departmental library, Seminar/ Tutorial rooms and adequate rooms for faculty and staff.
- Lecture Theater Complex
There are eight lecture theaters organized in two blocks of Lecture Theater Complex. Each of these well ventilated lecture theaters are vary spacious, fully air-conditioned and equipped with all modern audio-visual equipments.
This is a well equipped and large auditorium capable of accommodating about 1000 persons. The auditorium is used for all kinds of cultural and scientific programs like Seminar, Conferences, Workshops, symposiums etc.
Accommodation Facilities at National Medical College
National Medical College provides well furnished residential accommodation to all undergraduate (separate hostels for Boys & Girls) and Post-graduate students; Faculty Members; Nursing and other technical staff.
- Faculty Quarters
All the faculty members, Registrars and Medical Officers and Nursing staff reside in separate blocks of spacious and well furnished residential quarters within the college campus.
There is a separate block of quarters for all the Heads of the departments.
- Student Hostel
Separate hostels for Boys & Girls students have been constructed at National Medical College. The hostels for boys together have 500 rooms and the hostels for girls together have 400 rooms.
All the comforts have been well taken care of in all the hostels including furniture, food and recreational activities.
All the rooms in both hostels are fully furnished single seated accommodation with toilet and small pantry attached.
There are three cafeterias for the hostels where student can have the foods of their choice.
Facilities for Outdoor/Indoor games, Gymnasium, Aerobic exercise hall, etc have been provided for the attainment of Physical and mental fitness to the students.
- Post Graduate Students Quarter
There is a separate apartment for residential accommodation of the P.G. students. Each student is given a flat consisting of one living room, attached toilet and a kitchen. Separate canteen is provided for hygienic and nutritious food.
Teaching Hospital at National Medical College
- The physical infrastructure of the 1050 bedded Teaching Hospital of National Medical College has been designed and built to suite the international standards with all the essential and desirable facilities.
- The hospital complex houses many multi-storied buildings that accommodate the OPDs and wards of the clinical departments, Emergency department, Operation Theaters, Central Laboratory, Blood Bank, Pharmacies, and Canteen etc.
- Fully furnished residential accommodation has been provided to all the faculty members, medical officers, Nursing and other Para-Medical staff in close vicinity of the hospital.
- Round the clock Ambulance, Pharmacy, Blood Bank services are available within the hospital complex.
- The OPDs of the various departments together have a capacity to treat about 1000 patients daily.
- The average daily OPD attendance is between 600 to 700.
- The average Bed Occupancy in the wards remains around 75 percent throughout the year.
Special features of the Teaching Hospital:
- The Radiology Department has the most advance and sophisticate medical equipments such as MRI, Multi-slicer C.T. Scan, 3 & 4D Color Ultrasound, Color Doppler, Ultrasound, Digital Mammography, Fully Computerized Radiology System, Floroscopy with image intensifier etc.
- The Surgery Department has several super specialty units such as Plastic-Surgery, Uro-Surgery, Pediatric Surgery in addition to the fully computerized Endoscopy for treatment and investigation facility.
- The Medicine Department has fully equipped I.C.U., C.C.U., Haemodialysis unit, TMT, Holstar and Echo-Cardiography facilities.
- The Pediatrics Department has a separate Neonatology Unit with a most sophisticated 20 bedded NICU & PICU
- The Department of Orthopedics has the facility for Digital C-Arm for various type of Ortho, surgery, spinal surgery, Orthoscopy for investigation & treatment.
- The full fledged physiotherapy center has the most advance and sophisticate equipments/ instruments.
- The Preventive clinic has specially trained Doctors & Para Medical staff for the separate units like DOTs clinic, Immunization cell and Counselling cell.
- Full-fledged Disaster Management Unit in full preparedness with manpower and materials.
Nursing Campus at National Medical College
The Nursing Campus accommodates the academic building, the central library, nursing student’s hostel and accommodation for the Nursing faculty.
The multi-storied academic building encloses the lecture rooms, examination hall, faculty rooms, Principal’s office, laboratories and the examination and admission section.
Lecture rooms are well ventilated provided with the modern sophisticate Audio-visual equipments and five well equipped laboratories.
- Student Quarters
The nursing student hostel has the capacity to accommodate 300 students in well furnished double seated rooms.
Excellent facilities for indoor/outdoor games and other recreational activities of the students have been provided.
The hostel mess provides very hygienic and nutritious vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food at a very reasonable rate.
- Faculty Quarters
Very spacious and well furnished quarters for the nursing faculty members have been provided in a separate block within the residential complex of National Medical College Campus.
Library Facilities at National Medical College
The Central Library is built in a separate huge and magnificent double storied building located at the center of National Medical College campus and has been acknowledged as one of the best libraries in Nepal.
The Central library has collection of more than 15 thousand volumes of Text books and Reference books (in different titles for each subject).It periodically subscribes more than 75 National and International Medical Journals covering all the Clinical, Para-Clinical and Pre-Clinical subjects. A number of WHO periodicals and reports are also subscribed.
Separate reading spaces have been furnished for the faculty members, Postgraduate students/interns and the undergraduate students. There are Audio visual sections for self learning through the use of videos, slides and CD-ROMs for enhancing the knowledge of the students.
All the Clinical, Para-Clinical and Pre-Clinical departments have their own well organized Departmental Library with wide collection of text/reference books and Journals in their respective as well as allied subjects. The Nursing Campus has its own separate library network.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad /MBBS in Nepal at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor.For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222