QUICK FACTS ABOUT MIRPUR, DHAKA
- Country- Bangladesh
- Country Capital- Dhaka
- Country language- Bengali
- Country Religion-90.4% Islam, 8.5% Hinduism
- Country GDP-$953 billion
- Country Currency- Bangladeshi taka (৳) (BDT)
- Country calling code- +880
- Division- Dhaka Division
- District- Dhaka District
- District Area- 1,463.6 km2
- District Population– 12,043,977
- Climate- 19 °C (66 °F) in January and 29 °C (84 °F) in May
- Time zone- UTC+6 (BST) – 30mins ahead of India
- Distance from India- 2hrs 45mins flight from New Delhi to Dhaka / 55m direct flight from Kolkata to Dhaka
- Nearest International Airport: Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka
- Established in 1962, Mirpur is one of the major regions of Dhaka city. It is located to the north-eastern part of the city and is majorly famous for its diverse historical sites.
- The area is also a hub of top educational institutions of Bangladesh like- Military Institute of Science and Technology, Bangladesh University of Professionals, Dhaka Commerce College etc
- From Cultural point of view, Mirpur is very well-renowned for the origin of widely famous traditional ‘Banarasi’ Sarees.
- Dhaka is one of the most densely industrialized regions in the country. By the 21st century, it has emerged as a megacity, which is now listed as a beta-global city by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network (GaWC)
QUICK FACTS ABOUT COLLEGE
- Name of Institute: Delta Medical College
- Year of Establishment:2006
- Location: Mirpur Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Branches : Main -Mirpur and Uttara Branch
- Medium of Instruction: Complete English
- Type: Private
- Affiliated: Dhaka University
- Approved By: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Bangladesh & NMC (India)
- Course Curriculum :According to Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC)
- Courses offered: MBBS, BDS
- Affiliated Hospitals: College Hospital 350+ bedded
- MBBS duration: 5 Years
- Admission Starts: September
About Delta Medical College
Delta Medical College was founded in the year 2006 as a Private Medical College in Mirpur Dhaka District to facilitate quality medical education and health care services in the region.
Recognition & Affiliation
The Medical College is affiliated to the University of Dhaka and is recognized by NMC (National Medical Council of India), Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC) and is listed in the WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools).
MBBS Course duration
The course duration for MBBS in Delta Medical College is 5 Years with a compulsory 1 Year Internship after graduation. The degree awarded is recognised by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council as well as leading councils of many leading countries including the National Medical Council of India (NMC).
At present, Delta Medical College has enrolled a total of 1042 students including 179 foreign students both in MBBS & BDS courses. The total number of students studying at MBBS program is close to 700, out of this figure 117 have qualified as doctors and 56 are undergoing internship at the college Hospital. Foreign students currently studying at the college are mostly from different parts of India, like West Bengal, Assam, Kashmir, Rajasthan, Delhi etc, and countries like Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka etc.
Delta Medical College aims to introduce a unique learning experience and students are made a vital part of a community hospital which offers extensive clinical exposure to a broad range of medical problems and the opportunity to experience close involvement with patients and their diseases. The standard of MBBS program and quality of health care at the college are ensured by up-to-date research studies and evaluation.
Committed to provide an environment conducive for talent development, the goal of the faculty is not only to teach the students but to also help & guide them to become one of the best doctors capable to work anywhere in the world. Students of Delta Medical College are taught by the highly qualified faculty members – their teaching methodology, skill and dedication are the greatest strength of college strong educational reputation. The brilliant results in different professional examinations are the testimony that Delta Medical College is successfully reaching towards the goal to make an ideal institution and producing quality physicians and dental surgeons.
Delta Medical College is housed in a 10 storied building and the hospital is built within the same premises. The 350 bedded modern college hospital for general medical treatment and diagnosis and the management of cancer provides great scope for the clinical practice of the students.
The institution is equipped with all kinds of modern teaching materials, IT equipments, laboratories and necessary galleries & class rooms for teaching & learning of students. Even in the pandemic situation the teachers of the medical college made great efforts for continued education and took online classes and examination from the semester commencement.
There are four hostels supervised by college authority available for the students. Two hostels are for local and two for foreign students with separate boys and girls facilities.
For an overall development of the students and to ensure acquaintances of students with the latest development in medical sciences varied activities are included in the MBBS curriculum at Delta Medical College along with regular studies.
- Weekly Journal Club/ Scientific Seminar
- Integrated Teaching Programme
- Monthly Phase Coordination Group Meeting
- Tutorials and practical ward demonstrations
- Seminars by different National and International Organizations
- Annual Sports and Cultural Weeks
- Participation in Inter-Year and National Debate
- Residential field site training program (RFST) and Day visit by 4th year students.
The cost of MBBS in Bangladesh is very low as the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has capped admission and tuition fees at private medical colleges. The cost of living in hostels and food is also very cheap which brings down the total cost of MBBS education in Bangladesh to a great extent. Travelling from India to Bangladesh and vice versa is very cheap. Indian Students can choose to travel by road or by flights according to their budget and convenience.
Benefit for Indian Students
The medical curriculum in the colleges of Bangladesh and India are very similar in terms of syllabus, books, study pattern, duration of the course, etc. The Indian students coming to study MBBS in Bangladesh are able to adjust to the study curriculum smoothly and have no problem getting Indian food and environment in the hostels. Guest lecturers from renowned private and government Indian Medical colleges visit the Medical colleges of Bangladesh frequently which is an add on opportunity for Indian medical students.
Indian students who want to study low-cost MBBS in Bangladesh at NMC approved medical colleges in Bangladesh can study MBBS in Bangladesh through Best Medical admission consultants to study abroad. The advantage of studying through MBBS admission guidance counsellors is that they will provide you with only the best colleges for MBBS in Bangladesh and will provide you with all the information required to take admission in Bangladesh and adapt to your University life effortlessly.
We are among the Best medical admission consultant in India offering comprehensive guidance to all medical aspirants regarding admission procedures, counselling process, registration, document verification, college selection, NRI quota seats for MBBS admission in India as well as providing detailed information about MBBS Abroad. We have been assisting medical aspirants for over a decade to study MBBS abroad at affordable costs and carve out a niche path by becoming a qualified Doctor.
For detailed, Bangladesh MBBS fees for Indian students / FEES STRUCTURE for MBBS in Delta Medical College Bangladesh you can contact us directly at the contact shared below.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 817387 2222/ +91 817393 2222