Chernivtsi is one of the towns of Ukraine that are considered a masterpiece of architecture. The 602 architectural monuments built in the historical part of Bukovyna capital are registered under the State Fund, out of which 17 of them are regarded as national value.
Many famous scientists, cultural and public figures were born and worked in Chernivtsi making it a truly deserving candidate to be called an intellectual center.
Chernivtsi is considered the “little Paris” city of Ukraine, acknowledged as the best city to live in Ukraine according to the comfort rating of Ukrainian cities. The city is full of young population of students who exhibit vibrant atmosphere to the city.
Bukovinian State Medical University (BSMU) is one of the largest higher educational establishments in Chernivtsi established in the year 1944. In 77 years of its existence the University has trained 30000+ specialists in diverse specialties like: General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Pediatrics, Medical Psychology, Clinical Pharmacy and is ranked among the TOP-5 best medical universities.
The University is a fully governmental multi-structural educational institution providing educational programmes of different levels- Junior Bachelor, Bachelor, Master, Post Graduate Education and Doctoral (PhD). Considered one of the largest higher educational establishments in Chernivtsi, the university is also ranked among the TOP-5 best medical universities.
The excellent training of the students at BSMU is conducted at 6 faculties (four medical, stomatological, pharmacological); educational-scientific institute of post-graduate education; 49 departments, center of simulation medicine and innovation technologies, educational-producing chemist.
Bukovinian State Medical University is recognized by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine with highest level of accreditation and National Medical Council of India (NMC). The university is listed in WHO, Magna Charta Universitatum (Bologna, Italy), European University Association (EUA), Association of the Carpathian Region Universities. BSMU also has high passing ratio of “KROK” (Ukraine’s License Exams).
Bukovinian State Medical University is regarded as one of the respected and leading educational institutions of Ukraine that has grown with the demands of the present and future environments for growth of its students and faculty alike. The Institute is a top educational University of Ukraine with exceptional group of faculty.
Among the University teaching staff there are 103 Doctors of Sciences, 440 Candidates of Sciences, including Honoured Doctors of Ukraine; Honoured Science Worker; Honoured Educationalist; Laureates of the State Prize in the field of science and technology, 320 Professors and Associate professors. All members of the academic staff have practiced and received qualifications in many reputed universities and clinics.
The MD program (equivalent to MBBS in India) at Bukovinian State Medical University is of 6 years in complete English Language. Initial 3 years of study mostly include basic pre-clinical subjects like: Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Pathology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, etc which will lead to profound understanding of human body structure, factors influencing its functioning, and principles of diseases origin.
Later, 3 years of study includes detailed study of clinical subjects like: Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Pediatrics, Neurology, Surgery, etc. Here one is taught the causes of diseases, their signs and symptoms, then classic and modern principles of laboratory and instrumental diagnostics, and finally medical and procedural ways of treatment. In this period students get to communicate with patients and use the acquired knowledge and skills into practice.
Practical classes at Bukovinian State Medical University are more specific in their approach and have been designed to discuss the topic presented in the lecture of a particular discipline.
Students at BSMU are involved in research from the beginning of their education at the academy as well as International mobility programs help them understand the healthcare systems in foreign countries.
Students attend practical classes and lectures that take place in modern laboratories, computer classes, and classrooms. Organisation of scientific seminars, scientific-methodical conferences, clinical trainings at University Hospital Bases contributes to a strong practical base of Medical education foundation.
Clinical Bases of the University
- Chernivtsi Regional Clinical Hospital Regional Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise -Clinical base of the departments: obstetrics and gynaecology; anaesthesiology and resuscitation; internal medicine and infectious diseases; course of infectious diseases; patient care and higher nursing education; clinical immunology, allergology and endocrinology; course of otolaryngology (Department of Paediatric Surgery and Otolaryngology); ophthalmology; pathological anatomy; paediatric dentistry; Traumatology and orthopaedics; urology and neurosurgery; surgical dentistry and maxillofacial surgery; surgery № 1.
- Regional Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise “Ambulance Hospital”- Clinical base of the departments: anaesthesiology and resuscitation; internal medicine, clinical pharmacology and occupational diseases; patient care and higher nursing education; general surgery; family medicine; Traumatology, orthopedics and neurosurgery; urology and neurosurgery; surgery № 2.
- Regional Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise “Bukovynian Clinical Oncology Center”- Clinical base of the Department of Oncology and Radiology.
- Regional Municipal Non-Commercial Enterprise “Chernivtsi Regional Endocrinology Center”-Clinical base of the Department of Clinical Immunology, Allergology and Endocrinology.
- Regional Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise “Chernivtsi Regional Clinical Cardiology Center”
- Chernivtsi Regional Dermatological and Venereological Dispensary Regional Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise -Clinical base of the Department of Dermatovenereology.
- Regional Clinical TB Dispensary -Clinical base of the Department of Tuberculosis and Pulmonology
- OKU “Chernivtsi Regional Hospital for War Veterans- Clinical base of the departments: internal medicine, clinical pharmacology and occupational diseases; orthopaedic dentistry.
- Chernivtsi Regional Psychiatric Hospital, Regional Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise- Clinical base of the Department of Nervous Diseases, Psychiatry and Medical Psychology.
- KU “Chernivtsi Regional Medical and Physical Dispensary”- Clinical base of the Department of Internal Medicine, Physical Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine.
- CMU “Chernivtsi Bureau of Forensic Medical Examination”- Clinical base of the Department of Forensic Medicine and Medical Law.
- Regional Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise “Regional Children’s Clinical Hospital”-Clinical base of the departments: pediatrics and children’s infectious diseases; pediatrics and medical genetics; paediatric dentistry.
- Cabinet of Ministers “Regional Specialized Orphanage” -Clinical base of the Department of Patient Care and Higher Nursing Education.
- Municipal non-profit enterprise “City Clinical Maternity Hospital № 1”-Clinical base of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Municipal non-profit enterprise “City Clinical Maternity Hospital № 2”- Clinical base of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Perinatology.
- Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise “City Children’s Clinical Hospital”- Clinical base of the departments: pediatric surgery and otolaryngology; pediatrics, neonatology and perinatal medicine.
- Municipal non-profit enterprise “City Hospital № 1”- Clinical base of the departments: paediatric surgery and otolaryngology – course of otolaryngology; ophthalmology.
- Municipal non-profit enterprise “City Clinical Hospital № 3”- Clinical base of the department of propaedeutics of internal diseases.
- Municipal non-profit enterprise “City Polyclinic G1”- Clinical base of the Department of Family Medicine.
- Municipal non-profit enterprise “City Polyclinic №3”-Clinical base of the Department of Family Medicine.
- Municipal non-profit enterprise “City Children’s Polyclinic” -Clinical base of departments: family medicine; pediatrics and paediatric infectious diseases.
Bukovinian State Medical University has created a Center of Simulation Medicine and Innovative Technologies (COSMIT), which gives the students an opportunity to develop practical skills of healthcare delivery, ensuring maximum safety for both patients and healthcare staff.
The center is furnished with high-technology simulation equipments and robotic patients where students get the opportunity to sharpen their skills under controlled conditions and work with simulated patients while studying subjects like- internal medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, anaesthesiology and resuscitation medicine, emergency and disaster medicine, first aid, etc.
The teacher and students review and analyze the video recordings of individual team’s case studies and evaluate the medical techniques used, communication and interaction among team members, the decision-making process, leadership role, task divisions, team work of members, etc. These close-to-real clinical situation help create direct contact and communication of students with real “patients” while working as a Doctor later on.
International activity of the University consists of organizing and holding international conferences, promoting participation of the University students, teachers, and young scientists in scientific conferences and forums abroad, extending scientific and educational collaboration of the University and signing the contacts on cooperation with International Universities. At present, BSMU has signed agreements of cooperation with 49 foreign establishments. Postgraduate students, research and teaching staff take part in research programmes and internships in frames of different international scholarship and research grant programmes.
At present, there are more than 2000 International students studying in Bukovinian State Medical University at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels in different specialities. Foreign students studying courses in English Medium are mostly from India, China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Yemen, Qatar, Oman, Morocco, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and 33 other countries from Asia, Africa and from Europe.
Indian students who want to study MBBS in Ukraine at NMC/WHO approved medical colleges in Ukraine can check out Top Medical Universities in Ukraine for Indian Students. The advantage of studying MBBS in Ukraine through the Best MBBS admission consultant is that they will provide you with only the best NMC approved and lowest MBBS fees colleges in Ukraine and will take care of your complete admission process for MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University Ukraine.
We are among the Best medical admission consultant in India offering comprehensive guidance to all medical aspirants regarding admission procedures, counselling process, registration, document verification, college selection, NRI/Management quota seats for MBBS in India as well as providing detailed information and admission in MBBS Abroad. We have been assisting medical aspirants for over a decade to study MBBS abroad at affordable costs and carve out a niche path by becoming a qualified Doctor.
For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 817 387 2222/+91 817 393 2222