NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE NEPAL
Under the guidance of Lord Buddha Educational Academy Ltd. the Nepalgunj Medical College was established in 1996 in Nepalgunj, the biggest industrial city in mid-western region of Nepal, only 6 km north of the Nepal-India Border town Rupaidiha District Baharaich, U.P.
Nepalgunj is well connected by road as well as by air with all the major cities of Nepal and the Capital city, Kathmandu. From India 32 km from Indian Border town of Rupaidiha and 212 km from Lucknow by road.A number of Indian airlines have direct flights to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International airport from Delhi, Kolkata, Bombay, Jaipur, Varanasi and Bangalore.
Nepalgunj Medical College (NGMC) is recognized by the Nepal Medical Council, Medical Council of India, Sri lanka and Medical Councils of SAARC and other countries.
Nepalgunj Medical College is enlisted in the “World Directory of Medical Schools” WHO, IMED. NGMC graduates are eligible for the qualifying examinations worldwide like PLAB of the U.K, ECFMFG (USA), United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), New Zealand Registration examination (NZREX), etc.
Nepalgunj Medical College has highly qualified and experienced faculty team committed to excellence in education, research and patient care.
Educational and teaching methods for MBBS in Nepal are similar to those of India in terms of syllabus, books, study pattern, duration of the course; etc hence Indian students are able to adapt the study curriculum effortlessly.
TEACHING METHODOLOGY AT NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
The students are generally taught by lectures, clinical demonstrations, tutorials and practical ward demonstration Seminars, conferences and guest lectures by eminent professionals in the field of medical science from aboard are held.
TEACHING AIDS AT NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
Seminars and symposiums are organized on regular basis to ensure the acquaintances of students with the latest development in medical science. Lecture halls, seminar rooms, and laboratories are equipped with sophisticated audio-visual teaching aids.
ACADEMIC FACILITIES AT NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
Nepalgunj Medical College consists of spacious and well-equipped laboratories, dissection hall, and museum with a large number of specimens, library, recreational hall, multimedia lab with internet facility and many more, to keep up with the advancing technology in the learning process.
CAMPUS OF NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
Nepalgunj Medical College is situated in three places.
- The Basic Science Campus is at Chisapani, a picturesque place at the foot-hill of the Himalayas.
- The main Teaching Hospital is in Kohalpur at the East-West highway.
- The Nepalgunj Teaching Hospital, catering super specialty services viz, Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardiology and Urology etc. is close to the Indian border (Rupaidiya, Bahraich, UP) and is only 180 KMs from Lucknow connected by highway.
Basic Science Campus at Chisapani, Banke
- The Campus is situated in the peaceful surrounding of East- Chisapani, Banke. It covers approximately 70 hectares of land.
- The college campus is fully residential for its faculty staffs and non-teaching staffs.
- The boys and girls have separate hostels and mess facilities.
- The security men, most of them are ex-army and provide round the clock security to the premises.
Clinical Science Campus at Kohalpur, Banke
- After passing 2 years basic science course students will move to Kolhapur to study clinical science.
TEACHING HOSPITAL AT NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
The colleges have its own two well-equipped teaching hospitals in two main cities of Banke district, 750 bedded Teaching hospitals at Kohalpur and 250 bedded Teaching hospitals at Nepalgunj.
The teaching hospitals are equipped with modern and highly sophisticated medical facilities.
- Teaching Hospital Nepalgunj
The Teaching Hospital owned by the college management is located at Nepalgunj, a vibrant district headquarter town of more than 1, 00,000 population.
It is a 250 bedded Super Specialty Hospital with Neurosurgical, Uro and Plastic Surgery facility. Total Built-up area is 96,400 sqft with well equipped class rooms, Media lab, Internet library, doctor’s accommodation, etc.
It is located 16 km. south from main teaching Hospital and 6 km away from Indian Border town, Rupaidiha (Baharich).
- Teaching Hospital Kohalpur
The main Teaching Hospital of 550-bed capacity is located at Kohalpur, 10 km away from the basic Science campus.
The Teaching Hospital building covers 2,20,000 sqft and is constructed in a 60,703 sq.mtr area.
The Teaching Hospital is equipped with modern equipment and facilities such as CT scan, Mammography Laparoscopic surgery, Lithotripsy, Endourology, and Haemodialysis, a modern laboratory along with qualified specialist doctors.
COURSES OFFERED AT NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
UNDER GRADUATE COURSES
Course Duration- Five and a half years (including one-year internship)
Course Duration- 4 years
- PCL Nursing at Kohalpur under CTEVT affiliation
- B.Sc. Nursing at Kohalpur under KU affiliation
POST GRADUATE COURSES
Course Duration- 3 years
- Community Medicine
- forensic medicine
- Community Medicine
Session starts in the month of Feb/March every year.
Training conducted at Kathmandu University affiliated Colleges.
HOSTEL FACILITIES AT NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
The hostels at Nepalgunj Medical College provide comfortable and homely atmosphere for the students.
There are two hostel campuses: one at Chispani and other at Kohalpur.
Both hostel campuses have separate hostels and mess facilities for girls and boys inside the campus.
Adequate sports and recreation facilities are available at both sites.
Both the hostels are well secured and have security men, most of them being ex-army, provide round the clock security to the whole premises.
For first two years of studies students live at Chispani hostel and from third year onward, the hospital campus at Kohalpur.
Hostel at Chisapani
- Separate hostels for boys and girls for more than 300 students.
- Semi-furnished Double & triple bedded room.
- Each room with study table, chair, bookrack and cupboard for every student.
- The other facilities include a common recreation hall with T.V. Gym and indoor/outdoor sport facilities.
Hostel at Kohalpur
- Separate hostels for boys and girls for more than 300 students with attached bathroom and kitchenette.
- Twin sharing semi-furnished rooms have a wooden bed, study table, chair, bookrack and cupboard for each student.
- The other facilities include recreation room with T.V. and indoor games.
Football, cricket, basketball and volleyball grounds are within the college premise at Chisapani and very nearby the hospital at Kohalpur in addition to indoor recreational facilities.
The college conducts different kinds of game competition and cultural programs regularly and annual day function.
Extra Curricular Activities
For the overall development of medical students they are encouraged to participate in the extra-curricular activities organised by Nepalgunj Medical College.
Emphasis is given for participation in health camps organized by Nepalgunj Medical College in association with various GO’s, NGO’s and INGO’s.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS AT NEPALGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
The following is the minimum MBBS in Nepal eligibility criteria for admission of an Indian student at Nepalgunj Medical College:
- There is no entrance exam in India like IELTS/SAT, etc.
- The student must be 17 years plus as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The student must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from the General category.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- You need to clear the common entrance exam held by Kathmandu University.
- You need to clear NEET from 2019 onward for admission in any country in abroad.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical aspirants to study MBBS abroad /MBBS in Nepal at MCI approved government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs and carve out a niche path for themselves by becoming a qualified Doctor.For more details contact:
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222
NEPAL MBBS ENTRANCE EXAM: Eligibility, Admission Process & Documents required
Why Study MBBS from Nepal
Perks of studying MBBS from Nepal
HOW TO STUDY MBBS ABROAD