NEET PG 2020 EXAM PATTERN: How to attempt the questions & Subject wise weightage
NEET PG Examination is held for admission to Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (DM) courses offered in government, private, deemed and central universities. NEET is mandatory even for foreign nationals seeking admission in medical courses in India. NBE will be conducting NEET PG 2020 Exam on January 5, 2020, in computer-based mode.
It is very important to be well acquainted with the NEET PG 2020 Exam pattern before writing the exam to be able to excel the exams and secure good merit. One should understand the subject sections with its marks distribution and the time management required before writing the exam.
The NEET PG 2020 exam contains 3 sections in total (PART A, B &C) and the total number of marks is 300. The duration of the exam is 210 minutes and there is no specified time duration in which each section has to be completed. The candidate can take his own time to complete the sections.
HOW TO ATTEMPT NEET PG 2020 EXAM
With only 210 minutes allocated for attempting 300 questions, the candidate has less than 1 minute to solve each question. There is also negative marking for the wrong answers so the candidate must strategically attempt all the sure questions first.
- Go through the whole test in the first 2 hours. Do not try to attempt the questions in order rather try to attempt questions that are easy for you.
- If you get stuck at difficult questions first you might waste a lot of time and miss out on the easy ones.
- Treat this online exam as you will treat a pen and paper-based exam where you can see all the questions together.
- In the next 1 hour “click on Review” and go back to the unattempted questions first. Read the question and options carefully and work your time wisely.
- In the last 30 minutes “Click on Review” and go to the “marked and attempted questions”. Go through your choice selection carefully and if you feel that you still need to change the answer to a certain question you have marked, do not hesitate to change it.
HOW TO MARK NEET PG 2020 EXAM QUESTIONS
- The official software used in NEET PG 2020 Exam gives an option to “Mark” a question.
- After reading the question if you are able to eliminate one or two options take a guess and “Mark” the question for reviewing.
- If you are sure about the answer, attempt the question and do not mark it otherwise it will be counted as 0.
- If you don’t know the answer at all you can leave the question un-attempted and skip negative marking.
SUBJECT-WISE WEIGHTAGE FOR NEET PG 2020 EXAM
NEET PG 2020 Exam contains 300 questions from all subjects taught during MBBS which includes Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical subjects are part of the syllabus. Below is the list of topics that were covered last year in NEET PG. For more information about the topics covered, candidates can take a look at NEET-PG 2020 syllabus.
- PART-A contains 50 Questions
- PART-B contains 100 Questions
- PART-C contains 150 Questions
- A total of 300 Questions.
PART-A (50 Questions)
PART-B (100 Questions)
|8||Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
PART-C (150 Questions)
|9||Medicine including Dermatology and Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|10||Surgery including Orthopedics & Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis||45|
|12||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|