AMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (AMASOM) PHILIPPINES
AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is the medical school of AMA Education System (AMAES) which also runs AMA University the first non-American school accredited with the American League of Schools and Universities (ALOCU), official member of the John F. Kennedy Education Institute in Japan and is accredited by the National Computing Center, UK. In 2003, AMA University inked a partnership for programs with Carnegie Mellon University (USA).
AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is housed in AMA College Makati, located at the heart of Makati City, the Philippines‘ financial and business capital where the highest concentration of multinational, transnational and local corporations and international organizations and embassies hold their offices.
AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) has two campuses- one located in MAKATI, Metro Manila Central Business Area and one located in CAVITE, one of the most industrialized and fast-growing provinces in the Philippines.
The MD degree at AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and is equivalent to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree offered in the UK, Australia, India and other Commonwealth countries.
After graduating from AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM), Indian students will be given a license to practice in India similar to the MBBS doctors from India after completion of licensing formalities with the MCI.
The classes are taught in English and 95% of the population of the Philippines speak English making it an ideal destination and convenient choice for Indian students who choose to study MBBS abroad.
The Student Teacher ratio in every class is 1:10 providing apt environment for personal growth of individual student.
The four-year curriculum at AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) equips the students with clinical reasoning, problem-solving and critical thinking skills with emphasis on interdisciplinary and life-long learning.
The first three years provide the students with an integrated understanding of the basic and clinical sciences in the classroom and community settings. The fourth year of the curriculum is devoted to the application of the basic and clinical concepts in affiliated hospitals and community settings.
The Philippines is the 3rd largest English Speaking country in the World and an acknowledged center for education with over 20,000 foreign students going there each year for education in English, Engineering, Medical, Dental, Nursing, Management from over 50 countries of the world.
EDUCATION SYSTEM AT AMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (AMASOM)
AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is a student-centered Medicine school with excellent infrastructure and facilities for comprehensive education. Following are the features inculcated at AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM):
- Four-year integrated curriculum with an ideal faculty-to-student ratio
- Clinically oriented and problem-based method of teaching and learning
- Non-traditional lecture and instructional modules
- Hands-on anatomy dissection
- Faculty established in their chosen fields of specialization and in the academe
- Affiliated with government hospitals and private health institutions
- Outstanding facilities and resources conducive for learning
COURSES OFFERED AT AMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (AMASOM)
BACHELOR OF MEDICINE
Degree Awarded: Doctor of Medicine (MD) Equivalent to MBBS in India
Duration: 6 years (2 years pre-med BS course + 4 years of MD course)
- After Bachelors: FOUR Years of Medicine known as the MD course.
Duration: 4 years
Duration of course: 2 Years
Program: Specialized program for international students who wish to take the combined Bachelor’s degree and Medicine degree programs
BS Psychology pre-med program
Duration of course: 1 Year
Program: Program where the K-12 subjects of Indian students, such as Biology, Physics and Chemistry, are automatically credited. Upon completion of the pre-med program, the students enter the Medicine program provided they pass the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT)
AMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (AMASOM) RECOGNITION AND AFFILIATED HOSPITALS
The AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is registered and has partnership with many leading international institutions:
The World Health Organization (WHO),
Association for Medical Education (AMEE),
Foundation for the Development of Medical Education and Science (FAIMER),
It is also recognized by Medical Councils of most of the leading countries including the Medical Council of India (MCI) and participates in several international programs.
AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is affiliated to:
- Three Hospitals in Manila-
- Pasay General Hospital
- Armed Forces Medical Center
- Over 1,000+ hospital bed affiliations with other hospitals
- AMA Computer University
- AMA Computer Learning Center
- AMA International Institute of Technology
- ABE International College of Business and Accountancy
- Delta Air International Aviation Academy
- Augustine International School (Basic Education)
- Augustine School of Nursing
- Southern Luzon College
- STA Veronica College
- ACLC Hong Kong
- AMA School of Medicine
- AMA International University of Bahrain
- AMA International School Bahrain
- AMA International Training Institute Bahrain
- AMA Computer Learning Center
- AMA Computer Learning Center Macau
- Al Fawz International School Muscat, Oman
AMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (AMASOM) MEDICAL GRADUATES ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR
- ECFMG examinations (including the USMLE examinations) and for ECFMG certification
- The Canadian licensing exams
- AMC licensing and state registration exams
- MCNZ licensing and state registration exams
- UK PLAB registration exams
- Ireland registration exams
- National Exit Test (NEXT) India
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS AT AMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (AMASOM)
The following is the minimum MBBS in Philippines eligibility criteria for admission of an Indian student at AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM):
- There is no entrance exam in India like IELTS/SAT, etc.
- The student must be 17 years plus as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The student must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from the General category.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- You need to clear NEET from 2019 onward for admission in any country in abroad.
ADMISSION PROCESS AT AT AMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (AMASOM)
Step 1: Apply Online—we fill up your application form using the details furnished by you at our office.
- Documents required for filling application form:
- Name, Surname
- Passport Number
- Passport Validity
- Permanent Address
- Phone Number, Email Address
- Date & Place of Birth
- Copy of International passport
- Copy of School leaving certificate and 12th standard marksheet
- Photo of online result Neet UG 2019(only for Indian MBBS Student) NEET-UG Cut-off(General, OBC, SC/ST)
- Invitation charges
Step 2: Invitation letter—after receiving the documents and payment the invitation letter, admission letter and visa support letter are sent to us and we initiate the VISA processing.
Step 3: VISA processing— Along with the invitation letter from AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) we contact the nearest Philippines Embassy or Consulate
- Documents required for VISA application processing:
- Original Invitation letter
- Original International passport (valid for one year)
- Original Higher Secondary School certificate(12th standard marksheet)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Medical certificate from any good private clinic with blood reports (HIV) Specimen attached. NOTE :Issued no more than 2 months before University studies process begin
- 8 Passport size Photos(white background)
- Visa fees.
- 1st year tuition fee payment
- Signed authority letter (original) (for collecting Visa )
- Affidavit on a 10 Rs stamp paper (original) –Sponsorship affidavit, which has to contain: full name of a sponsor, his/her address, telephone numbers, e-mail, and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses (stating sum of expenses) of an applicant
- Minor Affidavit on 10 Rs stamp paper from Father and mother if student is below 18 year old.
- Photo Copy of ID of parents giving affidavit and signatures should match everywhere with ID.
- Bank statement in name of father or mother (6 months statement original with bank stamp on it with minimum balance not less than 4.5 lakh Rs)
- In case account is opened less than 6 months then letter from Bank Manager stating when account was opened.
- In case Account holder is student then Minimum account balance may be 3.5 Lakh Rs.
Step 4: ARRIVAL—after getting visa from Philippines embassy or Consulate, we inform students and the college about flight details with date and arrival time. One of our representatives receives the student at the airport.
We are top study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical students to study MBBS abroad/MBBS in Philippines at government medical colleges of international recognition at very reasonable costs.
SHREET CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICES Pvt. Ltd.
Mob: +91 81738 72222
HOW TO STUDY MBBS ABROAD
Benefits of Studying Abroad
How to choose colleges to study MBBS abroad